I'm going back to the yamaha "auto lube" oil injection! Why? Because it works!!!

joeak47

Apr 21, 2012
Northern NEVADA!
You read that right! I've had lots of fun pre-mixing different types and brands of two stroke oil over part of the summer. I don't mind pre-mixing. I removed the system,because I wanted to experiment with different oils and ratios. I wanted to see if there was a power increase like folks say there is. It was very educational. It smelled nice too! :)

I however,COULD NOT FIND ANY "distinct advantage" over the yamaha "AutoLube" oil injection system. I'm now running "Maxima Super M Injector oil". Great stuff!

I know what your all thinking...
#1 "The nylon drive gear breaks all the time".........,no it doesn't. Show me.
#2 "The oil pumps fail all the time" ......... No they don't. Show me.
#3 "My bike seized because I had the oil injection" ..Bullshit, fill the oil tank.
#4 "There are lots of parts that fail ALL the time".........Yeah right,whatever
#5 "You CAN'T run it with porting,pipe and head mods... Want to Bet???
#6 "Theyre isn't any good "High Quality" injector oils ....Ignorance is bliss.
#7 "It weighs alot"...............No more than that $5 foot long you just ate.
#8 "You get more power when you pre-mix"... No you don't.

Anyway,I've had my fun with pre-mixing. Nothing wrong with that. I do like the convenience of oil injection,and I also like the fact that the "Auto lube" is still doing its thing on long down hills without having to crack open the throttle for more lube.

I believe that going with either "Pre-mix",or "Yamaha's Auto Lube Injection" is just personal preference. Oil injection is mine. Oil injection is for me.

It was easy to take off,or swap back on. I'm glad its back on.

The funnest oil to play with was "castor oil" affectionally known as "bean oil"
Awesome ring seal when using this stuff... But, if mixed in a heavy ratio like 24 to 1 (one example...I tried many ratios) it can and will collect on "Screen type" spark arrestors and clog them,so don't get too happy with the fuel to oil ratio. Excess castor oil doesn't burn very well.

As a last note,I can say that all the two stroke oils I tried were quality oils. Expensive,but well worth it.

Reactions: Blaster8821
The problem with your opinion:
My blaster is 24 years old
The gear as well as everything else related is worn out
The cost to replace that stuff is about $200
When that stuff fails you need a new motor

Pre-mix is 100% failsafe.

i like premix because if you run outta oil your outta gas! i would maybe run the injector if there was a system that shut off the bike whe the oil gets low but theres just a dinky light! if even a small bit of rocks or dirt get in the lines your screwed! premix is truly fail safe

The problem with your opinion:
My blaster is 24 years old
The gear as well as everything else related is worn out
The cost to replace that stuff is about $200
When that stuff fails you need a new motor

24 years and on the oil injection parts and the engine...All I can say is see how good it works!

Now lets get down to business... Lets see some photos of these worn out parts or it didn't happen. Seriously.

i like premix because if you run outta oil your outta gas! i would maybe run the injector if there was a system that shut off the bike whe the oil gets low but theres just a dinky light! if even a small bit of rocks or dirt get in the lines your screwed! premix is truly fail safe

I've never had an issue with debris getting in the system. Its as simple as keeping your bike clean,and cleaning around the cap before you fill up the oil.

mine failed on me a few months after i bought the blaster. it worked fine and then all of a sudden i quit running. not sure exactly why the pump failed because i never took it apart to find out. just cut the lines and premix now. i do know that i checked the lines and they were not clogged so it was something in the pump. it took me 2 pistons to figure out what was going on. I guess ill investigate that this winter.

I agree with all of you on here. premix is 100% failsafe but i also like the autolube system. if there was a way to tell if it was working or not.

Anytime you have a mechanical system that oils any motor there is a chance for it to malfuntion and cause damage. Its a choice we all make to use it and take that chance or pitch it and know your safe. I will premix and know i have the right amount of oil everytime and not wonder if its working correctly. I guess some of us just choose the russian roulette way of thinking.

I completely agree with joe on this one. I've run 2 blasters, both with injection. First one was stock and now my current one with lots of mods. Absolutely not problems. Gots smoke, gots power, gots no complaints. And I ride hard.

I would consider giving oil injection a chance if I knew that if the oiling stopped, so did the motor. Instead, it's a "dummy" system that won't alert you (so you could shut off your own engine) or shut down the engine itself. You must just live on a hope and prayer that it doesn't get an airbubble in the line, piece of dirt in the pump, broken nylon 20 year old gear, split in either the suction or pressure tube, or any other of a list of silly failures that CAN happen without warning.

I premix on my blasty and it has never failed me. If the oil flow stops, the fuel flow has also stopped and the engine shuts down automatically.

Failsafe instead of fail-blown-up-engine.

Once again, it's to each his own. Everyone should run what they feel comfortable with!

mine failed on me a few months after i bought the blaster. it worked fine and then all of a sudden i quit running. not sure exactly why the pump failed because i never took it apart to find out. just cut the lines and premix now. i do know that i checked the lines and they were not clogged so it was something in the pump. it took me 2 pistons to figure out what was going on. I guess ill investigate that this winter.

I agree with all of you on here. premix is 100% failsafe but i also like the autolube system. if there was a way to tell if it was working or not.

Did you have a major get off?,fill the tank AFTER it went dry?,not bleed the system? Have an air leak,or improper jetting?

Lots of un-aswered questions.

It took two (2) piston to discover this???

IMPORTANT... How did you come to the conclusion that it was the pump that failed?

I completely agree with joe on this one. I've run 2 blasters, both with injection. First one was stock and now my current one with lots of mods. Absolutely not problems. Gots smoke, gots power, gots no complaints. And I ride hard.

Must add.... Plenty of lubrication,especially on long down hills,convenience,RELIABILITY,and simplicity.