I want to to know what to do

Blasterman99

Jan 14, 2013
See I have never painted a atv and since my first one is a used blaster I wanted to change the color . It's in pretty good shape but the color is ... Idk eww :eek: I'm just want to know what things should I need to know to paint my plastic .. Also what kinda paint should I use??? :-/

use krylon fusion paint. Now as far as it goes prep wise, if tehy were already painted get teh surface scratched up and fairly smooth and then use a nice primer that wont react with the paint. Then spray your color. Clear is optional

So what should I use to get the previous paint off .. I can tell its white under the paint ... What's the name of the paint and primer??

Thanks for the advice ..and what do u mean when u say get a primer that won't react with the paintI:I

Just search paint plastics. More than enough to read. Paint can hold up good if done right. The paint on the orange and black one in my sg was painted over a year ago. It also flipped end over end 3 time and barely hurt the paint. Prep is the key to a good paint job. As nboldman said use krylon fusion paint! The krylon fusion is made to bond to plastic and also flex. You HAVE to use a primer that is made for plastic.

I'd bet 3/4 of that time was prep alone. Prep is the key. Getting the old paint off will be tough, cause if it's flaking off anywhere you'll have to sand down to plastic. Use wet& dry paper with water and little bit of dish soap. Start witth 220 when you get paint off go uo to 300 range, lightly sand primer w400+, then sand between top coats w 400 or finer. A sanding sponge will be your friend. If you have real rough areas use a razor or utilty knife blade to LIGHTLY Scrape the burr to save extra sanding.

Take you time and the reults will show it. I:I
Krylon: Products: Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Primer
Krylon: Products

and before painting use a quality prep solvent to wipe any dust or anything that will flake the paint off you can get prep solvent at your local parts store