I have no idea what happened

Tom Ball

Apr 23, 2019
I bought me a blaster the other day and it runs and rides and everything and I start it today to ride it and it wouldn't start for crap so I pulled the spark plug out and touched it to the thing to test for spark and kicked the crap out of it and it only sparked right at the beginning then just quit doing it I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with it at all do I just need a new spark plugs and or something I have no clue if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it alot. First time two stroke owner too

could just be a fouled plug, oil gets up inside between the porcelain and electrode and it fires internally instead of at the tip.
I have had some success cooking the oil out with a propane torch, you'll see the oil burn out with a yellow flame, when the yellow stops it may be good, but a new B8ES plug would be best

If you have a multimeter handy you can test it

How to Check for a Bad Spark Plug With an Ohm Meter. AnOhm meter, which is part of a multimeter, can only check a spark plug for a short circuit or a breakdown of insulation resistance. A good spark plugshould show an open circuit between the center electrode and the tip“