i built a blaster

Thanks for the advise, i will price it out pipes do make the biggest difference in power gains it seems. Is there an acual market for a used fmf pipe and silencer? Whats a good price to sell it for? Also does anyone know are those cr250 reed valves notiouriously stiff or somthing? Seems like I have to coax the top end into full breathing most times with a very easy gradual increase in throttle to get there. Probibly a porting issue, head was ported by trenga racing, now i think their outa business.

you might wanna try to get it ported by one of the engine builders on this site cause big name engine builders like trenga are about quanity not quality and the engine builders on this site are't like nationally known so they are going to try to get the most out of your engine so people will keep comin back to them (thanks to wildcard he told me most of that) I:I ooo and nice blaster by the way

Brakes r crap, I shoulda got a brand name setup instead of the cheaper generic one. Seems like you have to constantly adjust the brake pads and refil the rez to keep it grabbing after every ride. And the netting from the nerf bars is too close to the brake foot lever that it restricts the full movment of the lever.

Thanks for all the kudos on the bike, to tell you the truth bikes look the best when their done up forum style. This bike is no different, it dosent break any molds, just a nice little conformist bike done up with racing and performance on the mind. So thanks all once again for the little positive comments on what should be next..... ct f7 pipe...

Also does anyone know what production year of reed cage from a cr250 fits into a ct240 head? I wanna buy a v force 3 reed system and spacer and need to find out what production year cr250 reed cage fits the ct heads.

No its not that fast, 14/38 gearing is for speed not acceleration. It gets going fast but dosent have the top end in 6th to pull with a 700. Its kinda slow off the line unless you dump the clutch in third to avoid the first two time consuming gears. But the mid is where this thing shines, general riding, following each other and trail riding are the sweet spot for this setup right now. Its not like driving a 660 raptor, blasters take some finnesse and skill to ride out those lower gears and keep the power in the band switching gears and climming dune faces. Also these things ride so low to the ground you have to be carfull of imbedded rocks that are 4 or more inches abouve the ground, and little stumps that are the same height.

A lil bit more engine work (shave head, re port and polish, v force reeds and spacer) and other little tweaks ive been reading about should keep me going for the next year or so. Because its a +4 swing arm the front end dosent wanna come up too often anymore, so she needs more power, and I know this setup with the right work will provide front end lifting power.

Well happy weekend everyone and safe riding, thanks for all the support and helpfull advise, ill be back with more pics within a week or two.

Your blaster is my inspiration to keep mine and build it after i pick up my banshee. Very nice job looks great!

I'm not finding your front plastics anywhere. Got a link to where you got them from?

And another question. Can you adjust those lonestar arms so that the front tires don't lean so bad?

Wow thanks for the great response from all of you, it is a pretty sick looking bike, dosent look like a older quad at all.
Just a note, that 16g includes the trailer i use to tow it, engine work from the original head before I got the ct head, and trips to the dealership to rebuild the top end 3 times now, so the accual price for the standalone parts r not even close to the 16g figure, so dont let it disuade you, you could do the same job and roll on a wicked quad for way cheaper then I did, way cheaper. Also most of you probibly live in the states and wouldent have the extra expense importing all this stuff and getting hammered with importing fees up the wazoo.
And thats so cool this is insperation for some of you to do work on a blaster when there r alot of options out there to choose from. Its a great hobby to be involed in, and it keeps your hands busy so they stay outa trouble.

That front end plastic, rear plastic and tank cover can all be purchased on Project Blaster - Online Store

I got alot of the engine components from there too. I think its the place where this guy named curt works, he's uber knowlegable about all things blaster, and is really informative to speak to when you have questions regarding what to get for your bike depending on what you want out of it. Well hope this helps chat at you all later, and thanks once again for the kudos.

Oh ya those a arms are fully adustable for camber and canter, that pic was imediatly after the install of the arms and I hadent adjusted them yet. But ya fully adjustable and super high quality product, uses a greasless system so almost no maintenence other then cleaning the sand and dirt outa them to prevent excessive premature wearing.

Also i checked and it's not lonestar a arms, it's ASR Blaster 200 +3 up 1 Pro Series Racing A-Arms, purchased on ebay at this page ASR Blaster 200 +3 up 1 Pro Series Racing A-Arms on eBay.ca (item 260423134059 end time 04-Jul-09 20:45:53 EDT)
Thats the link to the specific product package I purchased, they have cheaper ones that dont include the braided stainless steel lines and some come without the ball joints and you can save 200 bones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, i posted the link where i purchased them.
Meir rear YFZ style fenders trimmed by request when ordered.
Aperently there pretty huge not trimmed, but might be a good idea if you ride lots in mud and wet conditions cuz when there not trimmed they like to fling mud.... same as the front hehe

looks great but lacks a small bit of functionality.

Yea, i posted the link where i purchased them.
Meir rear YFZ style fenders trimmed by request when ordered.
Aperently there pretty huge not trimmed, but might be a good idea if you ride lots in mud and wet conditions cuz when there not trimmed they like to fling mud.... same as the front hehe

looks great but lacks a small bit of functionality.

So basically you get covered in mud when you hit anything but dry dirt? :D

lol not that bad but lets just say from the grips on the handlebars and out get it pretty bad, I find if you tuck in to the center of the quad and probobly look like a tool you can avoid most of it. But ya I aim more for the dry spots so I dont have to wash the bike after every ride