I am going to beat a dead horse here.

Oil Injection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weatherjack

Aug 11, 2018
To delete, or not to delete, that is the question. I am finishing the clutch install now. I figured after all these years there might be a definitive answer to this? Do I keep the oil injection?

My opinion is to ditch it. I'm no expert, although I have been riding on and off for more than 30 years, and I have seen so many of these systems fail and lead to seized engines, not only on blasters, but on other machines as well. That being said, I've also seen 30yr old machines that still have working injection.

While it's nice to be able to just gas an go, I remove them for piece of mind. Plus I like running 32:1, again for piece of mind.

My opinion is to ditch it. I'm no expert, although I have been riding on and off for more than 30 years, and I have seen so many of these systems fail and lead to seized engines, not only on blasters, but on other machines as well. That being said, I've also seen 30yr old machines that still have working injection.

While it's nice to be able to just gas an go, I remove them for piece of mind. Plus I like running 32:1, again for piece of mind.
I also say ditch it as i have seen em fail on boats bikes quads and others i say better safe than sorry