Hydro conversion questions

Apr 21, 2010
Hudson Valley
Hey all. Been a while since I posted. I’m looking to get the blaster fixed up and I want to address the brakes. I know that hydro conversions are popular. All of the front hydro conversions I see use spindles from an 03-06 blaster but they all say to source banshee or YFZ parts (rotors,calipers, master cyl. Is there any reason why I couldn’t just use the full 03-06 front brake setup?

No reason at all you can't use 03+ blaster stuff, but the others are more commonly available and usually less $

I do not make the rear brakes any longer, haven't for a few years now :(

as for the spindles, norman had given me everything for the front spindles when he got out of it, I in turn gave them to Tarmo from Ken Oconnor Racing who had been making them, not sure if they still do or not, check his website or shoot Ken a message.

Reactions: 98blasterworked
I do not make the rear brakes any longer, haven't for a few years now :(

as for the spindles, norman had given me everything for the front spindles when he got out of it, I in turn gave them to Tarmo from Ken Oconnor Racing who had been making them, not sure if they still do or not, check his website or shoot Ken a message.
So the norm420 spindle design works w banshee hubs? Or do you need 03+blaster hubs?

I've used the converted spindles with banshee and raptor hubs, I'm pretty sure the hubs/discs are basically all the same with just different inside diameter bearings in them that can be swapped for the correct bearing. there are some older banshee hubs from I believe the J-arm series that have raised heads on the disc bolts that will interfere with the new caliper bracket, stick with 1990 + banshee parts