Hydraulic brake conversion kit arrived

Thats a good deal..let us know how it goes...I might just go that way after all for that price.

deffinantly let us know how it installs and if it is worth the buy i am thinking about buying it for my 88' blaster

Well, it was kind of a pain in the butt to install.

As far as mounting and routing, not too bad. The problem came from the OEM cable mount where the return spring also hooks too. The directions said to bend or grind out of the way.... Yeah right. It was break out the cutoff wheel, and cut that puppy all the way out.

Also, with an all stock blaster, the actuating rod from the master cylinder to the pedal sits at a bit of an angle, and no matter how much shaving I did, I still had to re-engineer the hook to the master cylinder arm. When I did get it to hook up, then the rod caught on the frame, and I'm not a huge fan of grinding the fram down.

Then I did not get the ferrill tightnened down fully, so blew off the line on the test ride, necessitating pulling the cylinder back off and rebleeding. I think I'll still need to do one more rebleed, and some adjustments then should be golden.

Only other thing I do not like, is I think I'm going to reinforce the mount for the master cylinder, and incorporate a skid plate with it, as I can see a rock eating it on a trail. On a duner, it wouldn't be an issue. So, with some ingenuity, not a bad kit, but performance review won't be until next week. Only pics I have are from my cell phone, so I'll try to load 'em up tomorrow.

Ergh. After looking some more outside of the assembly frenzy, I should be able to relocate the way the bracket sits, to not mess with the actuator rod so much. I will report back tomorrow after work.

And after actually stepping away for awhile, I may not have to fab the rod. For some reason I had it in my head to fit a certain way, and I may have been wrong:">

I still will build a skidplate for it though.

keep the updates rolling..thats the best price hydrualic kit by far

Sorry for crappy cameraphone pics, it's all I had.

Here is the bracket that I cut, but still need to grind.

Attachments

• 072307_17201.jpg
    072307_17201.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,966
The actuator rod. It was rubbing on the frame, so at first I relocated the rod, but the smart thing to do is to relocate the bracked to the outside of the brake pedal mount. I wasn't thinking too well I guess. I'll fix it tonight.

Attachments

• 072307_18091.jpg
    072307_18091.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 2,003
Caliper all mounted up.

Attachments

• 072307_18092.jpg
    072307_18092.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2,246
The brake lines, might upgrade to a braided style, but I'll have 'em made at a local hydraulics shop if I do.

Here is after blowing a line off, and before re-routing and bleeding. Installer error. (error number two in install, they're instructions suck)

Attachments

• 072307_20031.jpg
    072307_20031.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,218
It's amazing how much nicer it fits when I put it on correctly.

Riding impressions will be up probably Monday. Going to Coos Bay Oregon for some dune running.

Attachments

• 072507_17381.jpg
    072507_17381.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3,889
c u got a set of gekos,u a dune rider....????

It's my preferred terrain. This is actually a quad I bought for my girlfriend to ride. I've got a Warrior for the rest of this season, then probably going for a YFZ. My Samurai is what I run for rocks and trails. B-)

those brake kits are the right idea, just the wrong engineering, but it would be super easy to take one and kind re-engineer the mounting situation, maybe ill make a project out of the on dontblinktonys blaster

Can u give more detail as for the installation of the brake kit. As I am seriously intrested in this kit but dont own a welder if it is needed??? Does it just bolt on the rear carrier??? And any other details u find relevant....

Can u give more detail as for the installation of the brake kit. As I am seriously intrested in this kit but dont own a welder if it is needed??? Does it just bolt on the rear carrier??? And any other details u find relevant....

No welding whatsoever required to install. Just a bit of grinding/bending. Worked pretty good this weekend too, but brakes aren't needed as much in sand.