How To Install Oil Injection Block Off Kit

is there a problem with just blocking of the pipe to the carb and leaving every thing how it is

do you necessarily need the whole kit to complete the job or just the clutch cover gasket:-/I:I

On my 01 blaster i took of ank and plugged up the line that goes to the tank in the back of the quad

:(:(If you did only just plug up the line,and left the pump in situ, and not allowed any oil to lubricate it, then expect the pump to sieze.:(:(

The little gear will spit it's teeth and cause all sorts of problems.:eek::eek::eek:

How do you plug it?

either cut the hose about 2" from the carb, inject a little rtv silicon and jam a slightly larger bolt into it, allow to dry.
or pick the brass clip off the hose, remove hose and put an 1/8" vacuum cap on it, available at any auto parts store

To do the "gear removal" and "plugged line to carb" method.

• Is this done, or rather, can this be done with the motor installed on the frame?
  • Will I need both gaskets 2 & 7, or just one of them?
FdwRhVD.jpg

Thanks in advance!

To do the "gear removal" and "plugged line to carb" method.

• Is this done, or rather, can this be done with the motor installed on the frame?
  • Will I need both gaskets 2 & 7, or just one of them?

Thanks in advance!

yes, it can be done with the engine in the frame, you'll need to remove the foopeg/heel gaurd, kickstarter and clutch cover, i've reused clutch cover gaskets if they don't tear in the process,
but if thats the original gasket ? replacing it is probably in the cards.
the other gasket (#2) shown for the stator cover is rubber, reusable, and on the other side of the engine, no need to remove that side