How To Change Transmission Oil

I dont think the oil I use does, but if it does, sorry about the bad info. I always knew some tranny fluids have friction modifiers, but never thought motor oils did.

sry bout that was annoyed about something else didn't mean to b a jerk and i don't think many conventionals do but some, i think it is mostly synthetic with the modifiers

On recommendation of yamaha dealer guy got maxima 10w40 4 poke oil. Forgot ti check but if there isn't any modifiers imma put it in. Come on people its gear oil. As long as it isn't dry and ur clutch doesn't slip ur tranny isn't gonna blow apart. People with like 80w90 r gonna fuk their motor though. I say if its wats in the manual or really close go for it

Woah! I keep putting Prestone 50/50 Dex-Cool in that hole in the stator cover. She runs cool, but smokes more than anyone else at the track. So, I win. I thought the oil in the gas mixture was plenty. It's only a 200cc anyway... One laugh, au gratis.

OK so I sent and changed the oil in my 2000 blaster and the case only took about 1/4 of a quart and is reading between the fill lines and I am dumbfounded. Should I put in the required amount, warm it up and see if it comes back down to the fill lines? Can't imagine it would only take 1/4 when it needs 2/3 of a quart!

OK so I sent and changed the oil in my 2000 blaster and the case only took about 1/4 of a quart and is reading between the fill lines and I am dumbfounded. Should I put in the required amount, warm it up and see if it comes back down to the fill lines? Can't imagine it would only take 1/4 when it needs 2/3 of a quart!

check a couple things... did all the old oil drain i let my bike sit at least 30 minutes to drain. second is it on a level surface if not make sure it is and check the level again. but i would recommend adding the required amount before warming it up dont want to strip any gears because theres no lube

Common mistake is to pull the drain plug but leave the fill plug in , for whatever reason some people do that and that will cause the bike to take longer to drain . Also warm the engine up before draining run it say ten minutes then drain if you have sludge built up then the warmer everything is the easier it shall run out

for your transmission either use one of the following

atf type f (doesn't have to be this brand)
31EDtcffKUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

or get bel ray gear saver (either the transmission or the hypoid if you really ride your blaster hard)
2007_Bel-Ray_Gear_Saver_Hypoid_Gearbox_Oil__--.jpg