How To Change Transmission Oil

well thinks i figured its better 2 ask then lock up my motor i knew that the oil in the gas went to the motor but i wasnt sure if thay had both im 13 and have worked and own a truck and have never really been around motorcycles so thanks

Never mind about that last post.. I'm thinkin somthing way wrong........SRY!!! Royal purple makes one for the tranny, its suposed to be good I use it in my gsxr makes a difference

Transmission gears can whip conventional oil into a froth.

I would use oil specially formulated for transmissions. 80W/85W, but I am sure Yamaha recommends the correct product.

i use clutch saver oil and to all you who have skid plates, be careful while doing this cause my dad just lost half his fingernail on the skidplae while breaking the nut loose!!!

This might be a stupid question, but how much oil do you put in? Is there a mark showing how much or do I simply fill it up to the top?

This might be a stupid question, but how much oil do you put in? Is there a mark showing how much or do I simply fill it up to the top?

theres a number stamped in the side of the motor thats how much you put in it...
which is 650ml which is a little less then 3/4 of a quart id say prolly about 5/8 of a quart

You have to add more than 650 ml of oil to a dry transmission, ie a new one. So add like 700 or 750 to a brand new one. Soak new clutch friction plates too.