How should I cut the rear fenders?

xKroniK13x

THEN WE ALL BLOW UP!
Sep 4, 2009
Well, I took the heel guards off, but the rear fenders don't match, so I plan to cut them. How would I cut them to make them look pretty good, but I don't want to cut them any narrower. Any ideas? Basically I want to cut them straight across to make them even.

Thats what I was scared of, is there any way to get a different bracket higher up? I mean I can drill holes.

toys279.jpg

That looks good. I'm probably going to use your pattern for cutting if you don't mind.

My only concern with cutting the rears shorter is that its going to make the front fenders look really large, so I'll probably end up cutting them to match lol. Thanks for the help guys.

Thats funny! I was thinking of the exact same thing, however im not into they are not the samme look on each side! (i know stock isnt either, i also removed heel guards) ..

But i think what xkronik wants is the same as me! .. equal lenght and look on each side! .. an "easy" way could be cutting of the bracket on the left side (sitting on it, looking forward) and move the up and tag it drill new hole in plastics and then cut to same length as other side.. could be awesome!

I am planing on a total body rebuild including painting etc.

SO my plan is in a very near future to try and cut the to same lenght and then weld on a new bracket and drill a new hole! so the are exactly the same look in each side! ..

I will post progress when i start-

That was actually my same plan lol. But the thing is, I think it will look un-equal if the back is shorter then front so I'm going to cut them too. XD

Ehhh I feel dumb... I posted that like right above lmao.

Well im gonna leave my front fenders for now! .. I personally think it would look awesome with same equal aggresive rear fenders.. and keep the front.. I love the stock front design on +03 models.. mines a 05...

I have NEVER liked when people cut/shave much of their front fenders.. Like when dumbasses cut a dog´s ears... I really dont like that..

Im gonna do this rear fender project this friday .. il document everything and post results.

Yeah I wouldn't cut them much, I'm not loosing my special edition decals lol. I would love to see pics.