How much does a stock steel blaster rear wheel/rim weigh???????

ironmike

Nov 30, 2017
im thinking of buying rear aluminum wheels for my blaster. Want to see if it's worth the weight saving? Anybody know how much the steel wheel weighs compared to aluminum? My steel wheel/ holeshot setup weighs 17.2 lbs each. That's with 18x10-8. Also is a dg front bumper lighter then stocker?thx

Reactions: Awk08
Aluminum is lighter, tires come in different ply's and can be very heavy. If you were really chasing weight savings you would not start with the wheels. Why are you chasing a few pounds on wheels? Not going to give you any extra horsepower. You can go sit on the throne and pinch one out before you go riding and save the same amount of weight. lol Aluminum rims are nice looking but in order to get one strength wise compared to stock you would have to get atleast .190's and most likely a bead lock which becomes heavier. It's all in what you want but it's not where I would look to shed some weight.

Aluminum is lighter, tires come in different ply's and can be very heavy. If you were really chasing weight savings you would not start with the wheels. Why are you chasing a few pounds on wheels? Not going to give you any extra horsepower. You can go sit on the throne and pinch one out before you go riding and save the same amount of weight. lol Aluminum rims are nice looking but in order to get one strength wise compared to stock you would have to get atleast .190's and most likely a bead lock which becomes heavier. It's all in what you want but it's not where I would look to shed some weight.

So I take it you don't know how much a STOCK REAR WHEEL WEIGHS lol. I know aluminum is lighter then steel. Just wanted to know how much in this case. I've owned ALL the fast stuff but now just picked up this little blaster to putt around on as I don't ride much anymore. Its converted to a cg200cc electric start. I know it's never gonna be fast but every little bit helps. Isn't reducing weight off the drivetrain/rotating assembly more beneficial then say getting lighter handle bars or taking a dump lol. Where would you suggest I shed weight without breaking the bank? Thx

So I take it you don't know how much a STOCK REAR WHEEL WEIGHS lol. I know aluminum is lighter then steel. Just wanted to know how much in this case. I've owned ALL the fast stuff but now just picked up this little blaster to putt around on as I don't ride much anymore. Its converted to a cg200cc electric start. I know it's never gonna be fast but every little bit helps. Isn't reducing weight off the drivetrain/rotating assembly more beneficial then say getting lighter handle bars or taking a dump lol. Where would you suggest I shed weight without breaking the bank? Thx
Why would I care what exactly a steel wheel weighs? You can put a 2ply tire on an steel rim and then put a 6ply tire on an aluminum rim and be about the same weight. Hence what I was trying to tell you above. Someone pulled a blaster engine for a cg..... Oh my effin gggggg... makes sense why you want to lighten up the machine. Cause it is slow as a snail.