How do i oil my stock airfilter?

What did you use for oil? Is is possible you put on so much that it is plugging the filter or sucking some in? This is a FOAM FILTER right?

Although it now acts like it is plugged up and therefore running rich, oil is not optional....

What did you use for oil? Is is possible you put on so much that it is plugging the filter or sucking some in?

Although it now acts like it is plugged up and therefore running rich, oil is not optional....

I used foam filter oil and i made sure no excess oil was in the filter.

Godfather Phragle's failure to search for your answer fee. (when the Godfather has previously answered the question). You may ask the Godfather to forgive your dept....

He may, at his discretion, however in doing so the Godfather has granted you a favor. Someday, you may be asked to repay this favor.

Vig is alaways accepted, preferably in a plain paper bag, small bills. The Godfather, in an effort to help you out and make your life easier now accepts paypal.

lmfao, thats some funny sh*t phragle I:I

Damn, thats weird. It's screaming that it is plugged now. Is there anything else going on? Have you jetted it up from stock?

Personally I've never had a stock filter. Just looked it up in the manual. It says to use 10w30 motor oil which is a lot thinner than good foam air filter oil. Try washing it out and re-oiling with the 10w30.

Consider buying a UNI filter which is designed for the better oil if the thinner oil works.

Damn, thats weird. It's screaming that it is plugged now. Is there anything else going on? Have you jetted it up from stock?

Personally I've never had a stock filter. Just looked it up in the manual. It says to use 10w30 motor oil which is a lot thinner than good foam air filter oil. Try washing it out and re-oiling with the 10w30.

Consider buying a UNI filter which is designed for the better oil if the thinner oil works.

Nothing else going on except alot of smoke but i do think that it is plugged. But it barely has any oil on it....

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, no. But the stock filter is supposed to be a restrictive POS. I had a similar problem once with a K&N lookalike that as soon as I put ANY kind of oil on it it plugged up, although K&N oil worked better. Blew my mind for a while. Put a UNI on and it ran great.

Like I said though, oil is not optional. It is the oil that does the filtering, the foam just holds the oil. As air passes through the filter, it has to turn to go around the foam structure and dirt doesn't turn corners well so it sticks to the oil. Without oil the dirt goes right through. Try the 10w30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
i put my 13/16ths socket with my 3/8 ratchet right in there and get it out.....do it from shifter side.

this all is sounding VERY wierd...i agree with Phragle, check your plug. if thats fine why not try turning OUT your little mixture screw on the side of your carb. Maybe it needs more air. Turn it all the way in and count how many urns it goes in. (count in half turns) then back it out to where it was then turn it out another half a turn and try again. keep going untill its better. u should be at around 1 1/2 to 2 turns out. on a 32.5 pilot

this all is sounding VERY wierd...i agree with Phragle, check your plug. if thats fine why not try turning OUT your little mixture screw on the side of your carb. Maybe it needs more air. Turn it all the way in and count how many urns it goes in. (count in half turns) then back it out to where it was then turn it out another half a turn and try again. keep going untill its better. u should be at around 1 1/2 to 2 turns out. on a 32.5 pilot

ok ill try that later when i get home. I will also put a new plug in. ( i have about 13 brand new plugs for it)

I've got a UNI for sale that fits the stock box that i used 2-3 rides. its been cleaned once with Foam Air Filter Cleaner (spectro). PM me if your interested dude.