How do i oil my stock airfilter?

blasterowner

Jul 22, 2010
GA
Hey i need to know how to oil my stock airfilter on my 2002 yfs200 blaster. Do i even need to oil it? And my blaster is stock btw.

Id rather have a stock one than a K&N. you need some airfilter oil for a FOAM filter. fill you sink with hot water and Dawn dish soap,(take plastic cage out) let the filter soak for a few. squeeze it several times etc, then rinse with the water flowing from the inside to the outside. repeat entire process a few times. then hang it up tp dry. then put filter in a large ziplock baggie, pour a bunch of oil on it, zip up bag and start squeezing to cover the entire filter, you may need to add oil a few times (dont worry about over oiling it, you want it completely saturated) then palce a heavy ring of grease around the mating surface and put it back on.

Id rather have a stock one than a K&N. you need some airfilter oil for a FOAM filter. fill you sink with hot water and Dawn dish soap,(take plastic cage out) let the filter soak for a few. squeeze it several times etc, then rinse with the water flowing from the inside to the outside. repeat entire process a few times. then hang it up tp dry. then put filter in a large ziplock baggie, pour a bunch of oil on it, zip up bag and start squeezing to cover the entire filter, you may need to add oil a few times (dont worry about over oiling it, you want it completely saturated) then palce a heavy ring of grease around the mating surface and put it back on.

Thanks and do i have to do the grease part cause im out of grease. lol

another question what kind of oil do i use?

And yes on the grease, just pick some up when you go get the filter oil.

And since you need supplies, I will not charge you for each occurrance. So you only need to forward 1 failure to search fee. I have done you a favor .
PM Brandoz, he will get you set up.

And yes on the grease, just pick some up when you go get the filter oil.

And since you need supplies, I will not charge you for each occurrance. So you only need to forward 1 failure to search fee. I have done you a favor .
PM Brandoz, he will get you set up.

So i have to pay to get help or is it a joke?

Godfather Phragle's failure to search for your answer fee. (when the Godfather has previously answered the question). You may ask the Godfather to forgive your dept....

He may, at his discretion, however in doing so the Godfather has granted you a favor. Someday, you may be asked to repay this favor.

Vig is alaways accepted, preferably in a plain paper bag, small bills. The Godfather, in an effort to help you out and make your life easier now accepts paypal.

Reactions: speedyslyder
where do i put the grease?

Id rather have a stock one than a K&N. you need some airfilter oil for a FOAM filter. fill you sink with hot water and Dawn dish soap,(take plastic cage out) let the filter soak for a few. squeeze it several times etc, then rinse with the water flowing from the inside to the outside. repeat entire process a few times. then hang it up tp dry. then put filter in a large ziplock baggie, pour a bunch of oil on it, zip up bag and start squeezing to cover the entire filter, you may need to add oil a few times (dont worry about over oiling it, you want it completely saturated) then place a heavy ring of grease around the mating surface and put it back on.

Read son, don't just look at the pictures....

Yo Brandoz, I got another one for you...

Ok now im mad after i re-oiled my airfilter and put grease around where it sits my blaster lost almost all of it power and it smokes so much more. WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! but before it had no oil on it and no grease it ran great so much more power...