Hot wiring a blaster

xjma

I was messing with my blaster electronics yesterday. I removed the TORS and such, and noticed another wire that was un-hooked. It came from the ignition. Now, I made it so that I didn't need a key to ride the blaster probably 6 or 7 years ago when it was my brother's friend's blaster. I don't like having a key...heck, I don't even like the on/off switch!!

Anyways, I forget exactly how I made the thing run without the key. We used to have a few yamaha's, and even when they weren't mine the blasters stayed at my parent's house...and my brothers would always be taking the keys and stuff. So I figured out more than once on more than one type of quad how to make it start without the key!! But back to the point here, there was one wire disconnected. Black with two white stripes. I connected it, and then it didn't run!! I had thought that I had taken the ignition switch itself apart, rotated it, and then put back together...or something like that. But maybe that's not what I did to this one.

Does anyone know if this one wire would be all that it takes??

Also, does anyone know of a piece that I could bolt onto the bar clamp instead of the stupid thing with the key that I don't want? Thanx!!

Is it really as simple as unplugging a few wires and it will start right up? sketchy sounds like they would be easy to steal... hmm?

just un plug the 2 wires and she would start cant remeber if you had to bridge them out but check both ways

My buddy said just unplug it and it will run No prob! Pretty sh*tty security if you ask me! He has no key but he bought it that way from the org owner.

Let's face it. Keys chains and locks only keep honest people out anyway! So key or no key if they want it bad enough their gonna take it anyhow. At 300 lbs. it not like 2 guys can't just pick it up and throw in a truck or trailer anyway.

Well, it must have been bad luck posting this.....I've been working in the north country all week, staying at a motel, wishing I had my jeeps or quads. I get home, and no quad in the back yard. I think I know who stole it too. I'm gonna field dress the POS and leave him for the coyotes......

My buddy said just unplug it and it will run No prob! Pretty sh*tty security if you ask me! He has no key but he bought it that way from the org owner.

Let's face it. Keys chains and locks only keep honest people out anyway! So key or no key if they want it bad enough their gonna take it anyhow. At 300 lbs. it not like 2 guys can't just pick it up and throw in a truck or trailer anyway.

How do you turn the blaster off if the ignition wires aren't touching? Usually you have to disconnect them to turn off the engine. Would the only choice be turning off the gas?

Wtf is ur guys problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously how f*cking dumb are you to post on here how to hot wire the quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone can read this!!!!!!!!!!! Edit your posts. Everyone!!!!

If you're going to remove the ignition (really just another on/off switch) and the stock on/off switch, I would install a dirt bike push button kill switch or tether.

Seriously how f**cking dumb are you to post on here how to hot wire the quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would take anyone three seconds on google to find this info out. Best way to secure a quad is a chain.

Seriously how f**cking dumb are you to post on here how to hot wire the quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol really dude? ive never worried about a keyswitch because if someone wants it they will just get a buddie and pick it up and carry it away..

lol really dude? ive never worried about a keyswitch because if someone wants it they will just get a buddie and pick it up and carry it away..

that takes a hell of a lot longer and they are much slower than just riding it away. it at least gives you a chance to catch them. anyone being able to find this out on google is the problem. too many people post this stuff

Anybody with any knowledge in unplugging a wire could hotwire it lol. the key swich is just another kill swich and when the key isnt in it it shorts the cdi so it wont fire. and also, would you really trust that tiny almost universal key switch to keep the quad safe from theft??? ide chain it to a tree before worrying somebody will unplug the key switch and try to ride it away