Hole in crankcase

Tocco

Apr 10, 2013
I blew a Hoke in my crankcase, right by the shifter, and i lost the price for it. What do I do? I'm freaking out and need help, its my race quad!

Depending on the size and exact location of the hole it may very well be fixable. Many people have fixed holes or breaks in their cases using products such as j.b. weld, epoxy weld etc. I have personally used epoxy weld made by loctite that is made for use on iron, steel, aluminum, brass, bronze, copper and pewter to repair my case with great success ! It can withstand upto 3355 psi and temps upto 300 degrees F which makes it ideal for use on motors and/or cases. Some pics would help to assess the damage so we can determine the seriousness, therefore determining if its an easy fix or if you should have a professional do the work.

If you make sure u clean the heck out of the surface and mix the j.b weld evenly and get on there good it will work fine had to do that to a pos Chinese made quad chain popped off and destroyed the caes and it worked for me just fine never had another problem out of it