High rev issue

Blasterownr

Jan 20, 2019
I have a 2006 blaster that revs extremely high after warmed up in neutral and won't come back down even after I hit the kill switch and key. I had to press the gas to then make it die. What should I do to fix it?

Sounds like an intake leak or maybe had some fuel leak down to the trans fluid. I had the same issue not too long ago. i replaced all the seals and changed the oil, and it was good as new! My right side flywheel seal was weather rotted and kickstart seal had seen better days. I tested for leaks by spraying some carb clean around the seals and when the idle climbed I would kill it. If it gets too high and you've got good brakes (and some balls!), you can hold on tight, grip the brakes and pop it into gear.

Sounds like an intake leak or maybe had some fuel leak down to the trans fluid. I had the same issue not too long ago. i replaced all the seals and changed the oil, and it was good as new! My right side flywheel seal was weather rotted and kickstart seal had seen better days. I tested for leaks by spraying some carb clean around the seals and when the idle climbed I would kill it. If it gets too high and you've got good brakes (and some balls!), you can hold on tight, grip the brakes and pop it into gear.
All of the seals have been replaced after I had just rebuilt it. The only leak is where the cylinder is attached to the exhaust. I do have a gasket and doughnut in between.

All of the seals have been replaced after I had just rebuilt it. The only leak is where the cylinder is attached to the exhaust. I do have a gasket and doughnut in between.
Try using some copper RTV to really seal it up.
Could be your slide is sticking in the carb too. Didn’t think of it earlier.. Would make sense that the idle dropped after you bumped the throttle.

Try using some copper RTV to really seal it up.
Could be your slide is sticking in the carb too. Didn’t think of it earlier.. Would make sense that the idle dropped after you bumped the throttle.
Alright I was thinking it might have had something to do with the slide in the carb. Do you think the float my have anything to do with it either?

If it's sat for a while the old gas will get sticky and gum everything up. You're probably best off cleaning the carb and replacing the float and needle valve.

If it's sat for a while the old gas will get sticky and gum everything up. You're probably best off cleaning the carb and replacing the float and needle valve.
Would it make a difference if I replaced the entire carb because the guy I bought the quad from gave me a brand new one?