Herpes came back

its rolling now. i threw my old tires on for now, my dad wanted it moved so we can get the dodge in the garage.

still dont have the swinger guard how i want it, and the chain slider is not mounted yet

i didnt take any other pictures of the swinger before it was on
\\

this is where im talking about the guard being in the way, i will be trimming it down
notice it can be seen through the slide mount holes

yup. i need to buy 3 bolts and 3 nuts for the guard, i want matching new ones. currently a few different lengths and different stages of rusty nuts :p

slider should fit fine. it has to be turned around. with my other blaster i had to grind a chunk off because it hit the swinger. dont think i do with this one

i had to mill out my front chain slider also to fit around the welds. and i say mill because i did it the safe way

1) grind off the end of a router bit so its flush with the blades (no safety glasses)
2) put the router bit in the drill press without speeding it up
3) no gloves or safety glasses and slowly cut out material as its catching and jerking
4) raise up the bew a little more so the slider cant come out from under the bit, mill out more

not my finest moments, but it worked surprisingly well with no injuries! (please dont try this at home. im not a professional and neither are you!!)

Nice looking swingarm, that sucks that the holes are not threaded!

the metal for the chain guide is so thin it can't be threaded, only bolted thru and nutted.
at dirty's ride was the maiden voyage for that +3 swinger, and that metal tab for the chain guide bent up on the first rock it caught, it will get beefed up before it runs again.

yup.
1) grind off the end of a router bit so its flush with the blades (no safety glasses)
2) put the router bit in the drill press without speeding it up
3) no gloves or safety glasses and slowly cut out material as its catching and jerking
4) raise up the bew a little more so the slider cant come out from under the bit, mill out more

not my finest moments, but it worked surprisingly well with no injuries! (please dont try this at home. im not a professional and neither are you!!)

u need to get some aluminum die grinder bits to cut plastic, but it can still jerk if you dont go really slow, with those big teeth of the aluminum carbides

damn lol.
too bad i paid less than that!!
oops. ssshhhh, that my secret >.<

anyways, tonights progress:

no problem with bending the chain slider tab awk. my chain slide is protected by the swinger guard itself.
i did have to turn the slide around just like my last blaster because the chain would touch the guard if i didnt.

got my muffler packing and riveted the cap back in
also have a silencer-pipe coupler from blasterfun484 that fit nicely. and great price too :D thanks again

took me a while to get the guard on, have to cut small sections out to get the chain slider bolts through

ridin low

Be careful man. I made it 20 years without safety glasses, with no major damage or problems, but as of this year I always have a pair nearby. $250 to go to the eye doctor to get a tiny, barely visible flake of metal removed, because it didn't come out after 4 days on its own. But hey I got to look like a pirate for awhile! Nice ride too

Never use a wire brush without safety glasses, I have personally witnesses a bristle from a wire brush break off and pierce the pupil of a fellow workers eye.

If anyone is power wire brushing within 10 feet of me I wear eye protection!

i didnt say it was of my better moments folks!

i didnt have my glasses (yeh lame excuse) but i didnt care enough to get another pair

I love the package for tires from rocky!

looks like a big weed bale like the ones they show on TV trying to be smuggled across borders

nice n shiny! they look good, and the rolled lip is nice

not sure how many psi they had when i got them... the gauge was broke (so many cheap ones, i keep the best one in my car)

after about 3 minutes of letting air out... from each...

it does great. they are tech4s. same ones i had on whity. same ones armyboyjared has too

only thing they suck in is the mud that is slimy. although all tires suck at that point

When i bought my tires they came even more wrapped than that. i thought i had a special delivery that was supposed to go to a drug dealer or something lol. It didn't occur to me that it was my tires till i cut it open because it was the 2nd day after my order was placed at rocky. i didn't even get the shipping progress code.
By the way, nice blaster.:)