helpppp with oil/exhaust leak

npan1029

Feb 15, 2010
Central Jersey
I bought a blaster a few days ago and when i got home i realized it is leaking oil really bad from the cylinder where the pipe is and dripping down. i can see theres air coming out from there too. there is oil leaking from the silencer as well and i can see a little puddle of oil in the tip of the silencer. what can i do to fix this? i dont want to mess anything up but i also would rather not bring it somewhere to get it looked at and spend all kinds of money

is it a stock pipe??

you might need a new exhaust gasket..

high temp rtv work good for pipe to flange on AM pipes

whats the oil gas mixed at or is the injection still on it

besides getting it sealed up, it sounds like your running rich,
mine was doing that bad when my floats were out of adjustment, seems a hard landing bent the floats down a little making it run rich, could be a bad float valve too, the little neoprene tipped needle under the floats, but dont buy one at the dealers, they wanted $52, i just bought a whole moose rebuild kit on ebay for $15, which came with it
check them float specs........20 - 21.5 mm

is it a stock pipe??

yeah i was thinking the gasket but its really coming out a lot. the tank was almost bone dry when i got it but i put in a little 32:1 mix to start it up before buying.

besides getting it sealed up, it sounds like your running rich,
mine was doing that bad when my floats were out of adjustment, seems a hard landing bent the floats down a little making it run rich, could be a bad float valve too, the little neoprene tipped needle under the floats, but dont buy one at the dealers, they wanted $52, i just bought a whole moose rebuild kit on ebay for $15, which came with it
check them float specs........20 - 21.5 mm

ok i will check it out when i take the carb apart because i have to jet it anyway. i only starte it up, i didnt ride it and noticed the oil thing........which was my next question. can all that oil coming out be because of the jetting? its quite a bit of oil lol

is it a stock pipe??

oh sorry i forgot to say its an fmf fatty pipe and silencer, which im planning on getting rid of anyway

that oil will leak out from there its pretty common....but if its real bad then like the other guys said, its rich.....and like yb said throw some high temp rtv arond the flange and it should stop leaking

i just jetted the carb and took the exhaust off. the exhaust had a pool of oil in it so i poured it out. i tightened up the exhaust and then started it up and its running better than before but i can still see an air leak but no more oil. would a new gasket fix the air leak?