Helmets required in pics

should helmets be required in pics and vids?

• YES

Votes: 88 64.2%
  • NO

Votes: 49 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the law in some state, can't remember which though. The state doesn't directly enforce any helmet laws, but if you wreck on or off any road without a helmet, your insurance doesn't have to cover you. I think thats how it should always be.

I vote Yes. Why give ammo to the opposition?
My friend wanted to buy quads for him and his family, and I gave him helmets for his kids (all under 15) to wear but told him he has to buy his own. A week later they showed up to ride with my family. My buddy brought his but when I asked the kids where their helmets were and they said they forgot them. They did not get to ride with us that day. Ever since then they have never forgotten to use their helmets.
It might suck to be responsible but sometimes you have to think about more than just yourself. How will you feel when your riding area gets shut down because of a rule you helped them justify?
Look at ALL the other rights and rules they have taken from us and tell me they couldnt do the same with off-road entertainment?

Reactions: Awk08
We just lost access to a sand pit that was amazing to ride in. Some young and dumb helmetless fools were riding in there and one of the fools crashed. He had to be air lifted out. He ended up in a coma. Now his parents are suing the owner of the property. To keep from further lawsuits the guy fenced and posted the entire area.

I vote no helmet no post

/\/\/\/\
apparently there's 35 de-da-dee's on here that still need to learn that lesson the hard way :)
instead of promoting = prevention

i voted no. the choise is yours! i dont think it should stop people from posting up pics and vids, i never ride anything without a lid but people will always do it some where, some place, some time no matter what.

if i wanted to jump off a tall bridge you would never stop me trust me

People sueing owners of a property that someone makes a choice to ride on and wrecks,this is what is wrong with this country,why should someone be awarded money for a bad decision they made,make someone else pay fore it>THAT is retarted and should be illegal,it is not going to bring someone back,save the next person,or replace lost limbs or bodily functions.
The reason we can no longer ride anywhere we want anymore is because of this.
ALWAYS wear protection i say,if one chooses not to they should never be allowed tyo make someone else pay for their bad decisions.Unfortunately we all pay by losing places to ride where we want to.,I ride illegal everyday,I don't have a choice,if i wanna ride i have to do this,BUT if i wreck it is my fault and noone else is to blame or will be held accountable.
When i was a kid,the first time i rode an atv,honda 185s,i coasted home on my bike with 2 badly sprained ankles,i did not sue the owner of the ATV,nor did my mom,she said to me,that'll teach ya,well i learned to ride after that,n ride hard too.
n It is the parents of childeren that sue for their childerens bad choices and ruin it for us riders.
I can go on n on it really ticks me off.
So in light of this thinking i change my mind,no vids or pics in action of people being wreckeless while not wearing protection,i would not want to lose this wonderfull site because some paerent blames US for them not controling their child,buying them a crotch rocket that does 180mph when they have never riden a bike before or a quad that does 90mph and it was the parents fault but the blame lies on us?that my friends is Bull***.bottom line.I rest my case.
We should not put ourselves in a position to allow this to happen.That is wreckless in the sense u have to take into account that people these days refuse to take responsibiliy for thei OWN actions.

You guys are combatting your answer by asking another question, the guys saying no aren't. This isn't about if you should wear one or not, so STOP talking about how you wouldn't be here without one, or listing statistics or studies showing beneifits of a helmet. This is about if people should be able to post a picture of them riding without one. People that don't are most likely NOT going to be influenced by someone saying they should, just like an alcoholic won't stop drinking if you just tell them to. Who has the right to ban someone from posting pictures because of their stupidity? Nobody. If you want to talk about why someone should or shouldn't, make a different topic! When the admin (kronik i think?) started the other thread, he wasn't trying to debate why some guy doing donuts in his yard should be required to wear one or not, he was stating that that's the rule on here.

Simply put a disclaimer somwhere on the site saying,
***Blaster Forum does NOT reflect or support the choices of members safety decisions while riding***

i Feel, that maybe we should look at pictures in general, . or avatars in motion. that have women in there bra, jiggling.

Or women in bra and panties.

If its about a family forum and giving off a bad image.

To me, 1/2 naked women in avatars and pictures of them posted. seem more vulgar to me, than a picture or video of them not wearing a helmet. Unless the video in poor taste.

Sporty

^I believe that something that should be taken into consideration also.^ My 4 year old nephew gets on here and browses around looking at the Blasters and he doesn't need to see that kinda thing.

I'm going to make this simple for everyone instead of having members arguing back and forth. So there will be a poll on wether helmets should be required in pics and vids. If the rule passes it would only be enforced for pics and vids of the quad in motion. If you want to take a pic next to your quad you DO NOT need to have a helmet with you! Helmets WILL only be required if you are riding your quad Enjoy and vote!

I dont mean any disrespect at all but.....WTF? why is this even worth being a topic?

If some guy 8 states away takes a pic with no helmet it has absolutely no affect on you whatsoever. Pointless rules like this will ruin this forum, the thought of it alone makes me think a little less of this forum. Again not trying to be a dick but this is just dumb.

Seriously i cant describe how disappointed i am in this forum right now, when i come home from work and sign on i dont want needless rules id much rather see some crazy fool flying 15 foot up in the air with no helmet and some flippy floppys on his feet, maybe a beer in one hand flicking the camera off with the other not looking at his landing..... thats what i want not rules.

and plus.....chicks dig it dude

If my quad was at home, I would make a GREAT video proving how stupid this rule is. If someone was making a video of two guys on quads playing chicken, then that's obvious to remove it, but someone not wearing a helmet isn't affecting anybody BUT themselves, why why are all of you all up in arms about it??? Because it makes you look bad? That's like saying you're not gonna sell cigarettes to a guy that has a scratchy voice because he's hurting himself. His body, his choice.

I dont mean any disrespect at all but.....WTF? why is this even worth being a topic?

If some guy 8 states away takes a pic with no helmet it has absolutely no affect on you whatsoever. Pointless rules like this will ruin this forum, the thought of it alone makes me think a little less of this forum. Again not trying to be a dick but this is just dumb.

Seriously i cant describe how disappointed i am in this forum right now, when i come home from work and sign on i dont want needless rules id much rather see some crazy fool flying 15 foot up in the air with no helmet and some flippy floppys on his feet, maybe a beer in one hand flicking the camera off with the other not looking at his landing..... thats what i want not rules.

and plus.....chicks dig it dude

It's too bad the poll isn't going your way and that you now think less of the site. Your disapproval makes me butt hurt. :(

see post # 63 if you are brain dead enough already ?
to be fooled into thinking that some idiot getting hurt on these things, has no effect on anyone else.
look what happened to the 3 wheelers for example,
do you fools even know why they got banned ??

it is happening here locally too, someone gets hurt, then that land gets posted "no trespassing", and strictly enforced now with fines and atv impoundment,
this is happening all over, on public and private land.

soon, instead of riding,(because there's no where left to ride)
we can all sit home and watch bumbling idiots make a fool of this whole sport on you tube with no helmet, flip flops and a beer in one hand.
then go polish our quads and wish we had somewhere to go riding too ?
but damn that video was funny ha ?

Awk, there is no point in trying to instill a sense of responsibility in some people, like Tyler. He has lost respect for this site for trying to establish a safety rule!
Holy cow, no, say it ain't so! A motorsports forum that promotes wearing helmets!?!? That's crazy!!!
I suppose Tyler also has no respect for the majority of motorsports parks, public trail systems and national motocross tracks since they require helmets.

Awk, there is no point in trying to instill a sense of responsibility in some people, like Tyler. He has lost respect for this site for trying to establish a safety rule!

yep, some are hopeless.
but if even only one other person see's the big picture....mission accomplished, thats one more than there was yesterdayI:I

You guys act like there's thoudands of people on here everday? Thats when i could see it was bad promoting. I think it should be your choice rather its the right or wrong. when i ride i always have my chest protector and helment on. Let the idiots be idiots

see post # 63 if you are brain dead enough already ?
to be fooled into thinking that some idiot getting hurt on these things, has no effect on anyone else.
look what happened to the 3 wheelers for example,
do you fools even know why they got banned ??

it is happening here locally too, someone gets hurt, then that land gets posted "no trespassing", and strictly enforced now with fines and atv impoundment,
this is happening all over, on public and private land.

soon, instead of riding,(because there's no where left to ride)
we can all sit home and watch bumbling idiots make a fool of this whole sport on you tube with no helmet, flip flops and a beer in one hand.
then go polish our quads and wish we had somewhere to go riding too ?
but damn that video was funny ha ?

One of my favorite local spots is shut down because a guy killed himself fully geared. It doesn't matter if u have a helmet or not they shut areas down to avoid legal issues.

And again I know it's been said but the tits in the avatars and signatures probably should have been the first thing taken care of if u guys are worried about a bad image. I have not seen the helmetless pics everybody has such a big problem with. But I can hardly view anything on here without some tits bouncing in my screen.

And what about people using profanity? An equal problem fr many parents Bette make that rule also?

An what about people talking about drinking and smoking weed at rides? Thatsa huge no no if u ask the parents that's a real bad image, time for another rule?

And what about

No furk all that lets start with the smallest problem first. I:I

Status
Not open for further replies.