Helmets required in pics

should helmets be required in pics and vids?

• YES

Votes: 88 64.2%
  • NO

Votes: 49 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares if someone else isn't wearing a helmet? It's their choice if they choose not to, and it doesn't affect anyone else. I won't ride without one, but because someone doesn't like to, they can't post a picture?

Many ATV sites ban helmet less riding photos. It is the responsible thing to do as a forum where people look for advice and information as well as entertainment.
It's not a big deal, if you want to post pics and vids of that crap go to you tube.

Let people take there vote and comment, ya or nay.

Try not to argue with one another.. let the vote speak.

been enough drama on this. No need to badger someone over there view.

Its about allowing pics or videos with no helmet on.

Last edited:
To many times have I seen them work... how many times u hear thank God I wore my helmet come in people when it's ur life on the line u ain't gonna be safe over sorry. Wait for the one time u don't get the chance to say I'm sorry my friends son ate his front teeth going less then 10 miles an hour... my friend Andrew almost died hitting a tree off a raptort 660 eith a helmet on doc said it for sure saved hislife idc what anyone says riding eith out one is stupid point blank period

You only get one dome!!! Protect it with a helmet.Its a proven fact just like seatbelts,helmets save lives.

the real punks, I can honestly say, I'd rather not see them saved... but hopefully they die some other way like drug related so it doesn't reflect badly for riders lol, sadly the bad individuals ruin it for entire groups :( government feels some obligation to protect people from their own stupidity which is also an added expense only to help insure over population and that idiots live to breed more idiots into the populous... doesn't make any logical sense... Do we really need more scum bags to keep the good people in line?

brilliant new idea *at least sounds new to me* all the 3 strikes guys get castrated instead of life in prison, as well as other penalties

I am totally for wearing a Helmet and protective gear, I just got back from trail riding today and going down a hill I slipped in the rut and my foot got caught between my nerf bar and ankle, but I was wearing my boots and I also hit my head against the dirt wall but I was wearing my helmet to. Lessons learned always wear your PPE, I support the helmet in pics and videos and also agree with Awk that if you are just posing and not riding no problem.

CE3E334B-B44F-4415-B719-6712668F9387-241-00000014824332F1.jpg

Who cares if someone else isn't wearing a helmet? It's their choice if they choose not to, and it doesn't affect anyone else. I won't ride without one, but because someone doesn't like to, they can't post a picture?

Seriously, you don't think it doesn't affect anyone else? Have you not read a single post in this or any of the other helmet threads?

as said numerous times in here, this isn't about wether or not anyone chooses to wear a helmet or not,
your brian, your choice

it's about wether we, as blaster forum, wish to promote wearing them or not, by showing riders wearing them in action pics and vids.

lets add some facts to this mix...........

WHO | Helmet use saves lives

of course those are "on road" motorcycle statistics, worldwide, but i'd say it clearly shows the importance of helmets

btw, where does your state rank in atv deaths per year ??
my state, PA, is running a close second only to Cali.........

Deaths Associated With ATVs by State

Wearing a helmet while operating an ATV reduces the risk of fatal head injury by 42 percent and the risk of non-fatal head injury by 64 percent.

Head and spine trauma from ATV accidents cost $3.24 billion annually, study finds

I feel your at a much higher risk of a head injury from not wearing a helmet on a quad or dirt bike then on a street bike because of the terrain you ride. It's unsafe to not wear a helmet on a street bike as well.

Do your parents allow you to ride without a helmet?

requiring helmets in pictures isn't going to make people all of the sudden wear a helmet. Like I said, I will always wear a helmet, no matter what, you never know if you'll go too far back on a wheelie and have the quad land on you, or even your engine seize up and you go flying over the handlebars. You're stating something that has nothing to do with the topic. If someone doesn't want to wear one, they're not going to, it's as simple as that.

I'm gonna go ahead and play the Devils advocate for the Forum , in regards to the Administrative side of it . I couldn't give two f*cks about a dumbass who doesn't have the brains to protect him or herself , what I do give a sh*t about is MY freedom to ride MY quad , and so does everyone else here . Go ahead , ride w/o a helmet , just don't expect it to be allowed here to put a black mark on the Forum and the rest of us associated with it . Blasterforum doesn't want to be plastered on the 10 oclock news because one of its members decided to do something stupid on camera and got messed up . because all of a sudden theres more BAD press to hold against the ATV community .
GOT IT?
Be a Rebel , Rage against the machine and feel free to piss into the wind , but don't expect that it's gonna fly here .

Good idea. I never go riding without boots helmet chest protector and it comes in handy alot!!! I learned to always wear gear after the throttle stuck open on my polaris trail boss and me and my bro went rolling without helmets and we both got hit in the head and got the wind knocked outta us. my bros face was swollen up huge for 4 weeks. Ive been in ALOT of wrecks! trust me please wear gear!!

I feel helmets are very very good. But I also feel the freedom to make your own choice is also good. Teach your kids how to ride and why they should have a helmet on. Force them to wear one.. but don't think its everyone else's job show them.

I'm lucky enough to live in a state that has yet to turn into a full blown nanny sate.

-Helmets are encouraged but not forced by law.. street and off road.
-We can still pump our own gas.
-Skpping across open water on your snowmobile is encouraged.

You can be pretty sure I would not allow any of my kids to get away with not wearing one.

Yes, leading by example is best. But don't use it to point a finger at someone if they lead a poor example. We don't need FCC style censoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.