Helmets required in pics

should helmets be required in pics and vids?

• YES

Votes: 88 64.2%
  • NO

Votes: 49 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but i had too this is too damn funny to pass up

35bw0ft.jpg

see this is where my problem with authority comes in, what gives you the right to tell someone else that they need to be safe? we could do with a few less warning labels and people forcing safety on other people. let the gene pool thin itself out.

I'm sorry but i had too this is too damn funny to pass up

99.99% of people who got tagged by the helmet gustapo with a pink helmet thought it was hilarious

reps comin scot !!!!!!

see this is where my problem with authority comes in, what gives you the right to tell someone else that they need to be safe? we could do with a few less warning labels and people forcing safety on other people. let the gene pool thin itself out.

Have you not read any of the other helmet threads? None of us give a sh*t if you crack your head open but if you post action pics or video with no helmet on the internet for the whole world to see then you are making the rest of us look irresponsible.

Voted! I see both sides of the story, but I am a firm believer in helmets and their effectiveness. I am a firefighter, motorcycle, and ATV rider. Helmets and PPE are an everyday part of my life.

That said, my father-in-law is a biker, and is one of those who has a big problem with authority. He resolutely refuses to wear a helmet, and won't even don one to ride his Harley in a state (such as NC) where a helmet law is in effect. He has been in at least 3 wrecks over the years and has somehow survived. I, on the other hand, have had my head run over by a rogue Banshee and Ive been thrown off my bike going at least 30 mph. Both times I walked away due to having had a helmet on at the time.

Im sticking with my brain bucket. Father-in-law is living on borrowed time.

they arent giving themselves the right to say this. as this is a family friendly forum, and being a father myself, id rather have my son see a bunch of guys doing wheelies and tricks with helmets on. it sticks in his head, so when he goes out to ride....boom he thinks helmet.

its not like theyre going to watch your thread, see your video without a helmet and find your house and beat you with one.

what it is, is a strong encouragement to wear one, and they want us to be family friendly, safety etc because in the long run (and some idiot would) could try to sue the forum because so and so didnt wear a helmet and this guys son tried the same thing without a helmet.

welcome to america, you dont like it, then gtfo...thanks.

anyways, original post., thanks awk. for clearing up the sitting on it stationary(as in my photo)

they think we are irresponsible anyway. having or not having a helmet on is not going to change there mind. "oh look, theres a hooligan with a helmet, thats just the type of boy we want for our daughter" <-- never been said.

Have you not read any of the other helmet threads? None of us give a sh*t if you crack your head open but if you post action pics or video with no helmet on the internet for the whole world to see then you are making the rest of us look irresponsible.

they think we are irresponsible anyway. having or not having a helmet on is not going to change there mind. "oh look, theres a hooligan with a helmet, thats just the type of boy we want for our daughter" <-- never been said.

That's a great attitude.

They already think we are irresponsible so we might as well not even try. You are absolutely right. You should be the new PR guy for the ATVA.

I vote no.

I think you are an idiot if you dont wear a helmet. but it should not be a requirement.

If you guys want places to ride atv's then stop showing these videos and pics. The CPSC loves this stuff because it enforces their agenda that quad riders are careless about themselves and the environment. You guys n the desert have uninhabitable land for miles, most states don't and we are fighting to get area open to ride legally. Helmets on can only help. Especially when it is riders under 18.

This is about whether pics and vids showing riding without a helmet should be allowed"
NOT. Whether people should be required to wear them. I could care less about your careless view of your own safety I just don't want to see it.
My kids see a vid like that on you tube and first thing they say is "look at the idiot riding without a helmet".
I concur.....

I HAVE to vote no.If it's a pic or vid,riding in the yard 1t or 2nd gear,no,if it is pics flying up a hill round a track or whatever,ridin hard,then YES helmet!!
I have never been a black or white person,always depends on the situation for me.I believe it takes a town to raise a child and teach and help to grow and make good choices so i understand some of ya'lls point of view.And i respect it.
BUT if the parent give not a tird about wether their kid is wearing a helmet while riding,and doesnt keep an eye on the kids to make sure they do wear a helmet,That cannot be blamed on what was sen on a website.
How about if someone is to post a vid or pic like that it is required to add a caption ,something like,This is puttin around but seriouse riding a helmet shoul be require,or someting to that effect.Not good with wording sometimes,i appologise but u get the picture.

And omg,back in the day when i was a kid,we rode everywhere,noone cared as long as we wern't tearing up a front yard or a garden,We were respectfull and not Sue happy back then.
The problem is people and kids in this world today have no respect for others personal property and ruin it for those of us that do.That is why we can't ride anywhere and everywhere anymore.
I can goto Canada from my back yard,Long trip but it is possible.Jusr don't get cought riding out there,they are snowmobile trails.
Just the way the world is in these times..

Status
Not open for further replies.