hazleton strip mines

I'm not from PA, but I have some jeep buddies from that area in PA. They come up to MA every now and then to camp out and wheel. I've heard them talking about some mines that they can wheel in. Some you can get permission to wheel (and I would assume ride too) in, some you can't. I'd find out if the ones you want to go to you can get permission first before trespassing and ruining it for others.

Now that I think of it, one of my friends just shipped off to Ft. Leonard Wood!! PM me if you want to get in contact with some other guys who may know the legality of some of the old mines. From pics, they look pretty fun for wheeling (jeeps), but it looks WAY more fun for a quad or bike!!

i go up there like every other sunday. from what im told your can ride on certin spots. the only thing is you got to watch were you park at. i just wanted to see if anyone else goes up there

we park over in beaver medows, theres a dirt parking lot there which you can park in. then we ride the trails over to the bmx track is. thats where alot of hilclimbs are right there too. then you we ride the tracks down and over 309 to the other park of the mines and ride in what thy call the sand pit

we park over in beaver medows, theres a dirt parking lot there which you can park in. then we ride the trails over to the bmx track is. thats where alot of hilclimbs are right there too. then you we ride the tracks down and over 309 to the other park of the mines and ride in what thy call the sand pit

ohh ok i think i no where you are talking about, is the parking lot pretty much in weartherly?.. and you park and ride near the power lines?..

Becareful....that is now State game lands and if you get cought riding there it is a $1200 fine. I know this cuz the same people that own that property own the property where I rode and I got stopped. I suggest finding another place to park OR don't bring a trailer cuz it's a dead give away that you are riding quads.

I live in the Hazleton area and you really have to watch where you ride. The local people are pretty much allowed to ride wherever they want, but it's the outsiders the coal company security looks for. Too many people from out of the area got hurt because they don't know where to ride and where not to ride. If you get stopped, my best advice is to say that you live in hazleton but then you are screwed if they ask for ID. Basically if you live there you are free to ride, but if not you will get a fine.

just picked up a blaster and went out to the strip mies last sunday. it was great. i was told by the guys i ride with that if you see some guy in a jeep just nod/wave...then get out cause he is security. i didnt see him but we were definitely watching. if anyone is going out there this coming weekend i will be there with a red 400ex 3 raptors and a bike and another blaster

well i live in drums, which is only about 20 min away.
Drums is basicly hazleton but still
Im goin there tomorro maybe
so if anyone sees an 05 blasty with fmf pipes and drag racing sticker ' which i do in pittsburg and stuff' its me

we are planning another trip up to the strip mines on sunday, the 9th of august pm me if any of you guys are going to be there. should be 6 to 12 of us there