Has spark will not start up... electrical issue! Help please!

Cammac

Mar 28, 2019
I just removed the tors system on my 2000 Yamaha blaster and now it will not start so I’m not sure what the problem is. I replaced the coil and the cdi so I now have a good spark but something is keeping it from starting up. I feel like the kill switch/ ignition key could potentially be a problem to my situation. I’m not sure if they’re plugged in correctly for they are both B/W wires.. I say this because I replaced my ignition at the same time I was changing my killswitch out so they might be plugged incorrectly. That’s the only thing I can come up with unless I removed the tors incorrect. Step 1 remove throttle wire (cut and left open). Step 2 unplug/remove tors brain. Step 3 unplug/remove tors block from top of carb. ( I’ve even tried cutting the plug off and splicing the wires together by the carb and by the handle bar throttle..)

I did a complete rebuild before this and it cranked right up so it has to be a simple electrical issue.

88-02 just unplug the 3 wire TORS brain under the hood is all that's required to delete tors on those years
no other connections or disconnections are needed, once the brain is disconnected (88-02) or fooled with the splice (03-06) the system is not monitoring the wiring/switches, so no splices or unplugging is needed.

check reeds ?
check woodruff key on flywheel, it could be sparking but at the wrong time if the flywheel has rotated out of time, which the key holds it in time.

Reactions: Cammac
88-02 just unplug the 3 wire TORS brain under the hood is all that's required to delete tors on those years
no other connections or disconnections are needed, once the brain is disconnected (88-02) or fooled with the splice (03-06) the system is not monitoring the wiring/switches, so no splices or unplugging is needed.

check reeds ?
check woodruff key on flywheel, it could be sparking but at the wrong time if the flywheel has rotated out of time, which the key holds it in time.

Hey Awk08 thanks for the reply man I appreciate your input that’s good to know about the tors system. I just put some brand new v-force 4 reeds in so I’d like to think my reeds are good unless they need some adjusting..? I will definitely check the woodruff key next! Thanks again for the info sir!

I just removed the tors system on my 2000 Yamaha blaster and now it will not start so I’m not sure what the problem is. I replaced the coil and the cdi so I now have a good spark but something is keeping it from starting up. I feel like the kill switch/ ignition key could potentially be a problem to my situation. I’m not sure if they’re plugged in correctly for they are both B/W wires.. I say this because I replaced my ignition at the same time I was changing my killswitch out so they might be plugged incorrectly. That’s the only thing I can come up with unless I removed the tors incorrect. Step 1 remove throttle wire (cut and left open). Step 2 unplug/remove tors brain. Step 3 unplug/remove tors block from top of carb. ( I’ve even tried cutting the plug off and splicing the wires together by the carb and by the handle bar throttle..)

I did a complete rebuild before this and it cranked right up so it has to be a simple electrical issue.
If you have spark. And at the right time . then key and kill switch must be working.all they do is ground out ignition. try a new plug. If you were kicking with no spark. plug might be fouled.

Reactions: Cammac
If you have spark. And at the right time . then key and kill switch must be working.all they do is ground out ignition. try a new plug. If you were kicking with no spark. plug might be fouled.
Ok that’s good to know + the tors info awk provided. The other day when I was trying to get it running I switched the plugs out just to see (both had spark) she wouldn’t fire up.. I got tired off kicking and even tried the old pull start behind my brothers four wheeler but nothing. It would not actually run but it sounded like it wanted to..

New to the forum and I'm so glad you here !!
NEED HELP ..BAD
I was given a YFS200 R in pieces. I thought to myself what ashame letting it go like that....
So I order some parts complete top end kit and bottom end rebuild kits so i did top and bottom rebuild for the first time quite the experience I must say . Looking over the pieces it took a few hours to get the blaster 200 in mounting condition for motor to be set in place . Worked on rebuilding the motor and in time the YFS200r was ready to be mounted in the frame.
Finally right !! Got me a stator and cdi harness now I'm thinking she's going to sound great !!at this point I was losing it wanting to ride her so bad !! yet again the learning curve applies .I've tried all I thought I knew about wiring but now I'm so confused had spark - lost spark tried old cdi wiring together with new rectifier back and forth still absolutely dumb founded .
Definitely not what I was expecting to encounter with all the color coding and diagrams \ + videos \ cdi \ rectif \ stators\wiring all of its just jumbled in my head now ahhh!!! NEED HELP BAD ..

Last edited: