has compression spark and fuel but wont start

mud runner

Jan 19, 2012
leabnon TN
iv got a 84 200x with a xr200 cylinder and head and what it looks to be a high compression wiseco when i got it it ran like crap for 5 mins and smoked like crazy pulled the topend off timing chain was streched and eating into the case so i put a new one on and the cylinder looked go and the the piston to cylinder clearence was good so i just put rings after it was honed put it toghter it has spark (new plug and the harness and coil off of my 85 200x) has enough compression to bluw your finger off the plug hole but it wint start me and my buddie kicked it fir 2 hours re checked the timing it was perfect kept hicking qoasionaly you could hear it like it srying to start but it wont start off of carb cleaner i am out of ideas any suggestions

You need to check compression with a tester. Although the ole finger in the plug hole can give you an idea, it is just an idea. Are the valves stuck? any blow back through the carb? is there exhaust pressure comming from muffler ? You have good BLUE spark ? No obstructions in the muffler (critter nest, rag etc...)

You need to check compression with a tester. Although the ole finger in the plug hole can give you an idea, it is just an idea. Are the valves stuck? any blow back through the carb? is there exhaust pressure comming from muffler ? You have good BLUE spark ? No obstructions in the muffler (critter nest, rag etc...)[/QUOTE/]
there is plenty of air coming out of the muffler and if you hold your hand over the carb and kick it a little gas gets on your hand but i just had an idea on the flywheel there is a dot with a f under it and right afer that there is a dot wit a t on it i set the timing with the dot with the t i was assuming it ment tdc. right after we put the motor toghter it had zero compression at tdc the intake valve was open i think someone messed with it while it was appart but i ajusted it i had to turn it out kinda far but that fixed that after i re ajusted them