Has anybody tried Legacy shocks by Elka?

Jul 24, 2019
I did and I hated them. Elka was terrible to deal with. After I gave them my weight and riding application, they were still way way over sprung, I could see that as soon as I opened the box. These were off the shelf made in China crap, not custom-made-to-order like they are supposed to be. Elka did send me barely lighter springs and, I told elka they are still too heavy. Elka practically begged me to mount them and try them so I went ahead and mounted them and the machine sat at the top of it's travel lol and was stiff as hell. What a friggin joke. I called elka again and told him, I even sent him pictures. The number I gave him for my riding weight was mildly lighter than what it really is, I do that so the shocks will be nice and plush, but, not these. Elka told me I was off the charts, and I believe I told him my riding weight was 160lbs. Off the charts at 160 lol the dude was full of sh*t. I demanded to return them for a full refund. This experience makes me reluctant to even try their stage 1's because I don't wanna go through the crap again. And Works had closed their doors due to the death of the owner but now I guess a couple former employees are trying run it but they didn't have much inventory, probably due to lack of funding, when I spoke with them...So, short of a A-arm conversion, not sure what I can do...

Last edited:
Haven’t seen many have problems with them.
If possible send another set of pics with rider/no rider.
Presume you have preload backed off all the way?

FYI, Ella’s are made in Canada

Haven’t seen many have problems with them.
If possible send another set of pics with rider/no rider.
Presume you have preload backed off all the way?

FYI, Ella’s are made in Canada
Yes the preload was backed off completely and the compression adjustment was opened. Elka is a Canadian company but that doesn't mean the Legacy shocks are not imported.