Has any body tried one of these?

I was lookin into one of those not long ago. I change all my tires by hand with some basic tools. Only thing I have trouble with is breaking the bead, sometimes I cant.. A tool like that would make things easier for sure and it has a bead breaker. It will save you $ if you change tires often.

I found a lil video it.

Yeah I found a couple vids on it and it seemed to work pretty good. Breaking the bead is definitely the hard part, but I've seen a few different homemade bead breakers, and running them over with a truck works good lol. For the price you can't beat this thing though, even if it only lasted though a few sets of tires it would pay for itself, and you could even build one fairly easy, but again for that price why take the time

Yeah I found a couple vids on it and it seemed to work pretty good. Breaking the bead is definitely the hard part, but I've seen a few different homemade bead breakers, and running them over with a truck works good lol. For the price you can't beat this thing though, even if it only lasted though a few sets of tires it would pay for itself, and you could even build one fairly easy, but again for that price why take the time

My thoughts the same. Do you plan on getting one?

Its on my xmas list :D and either way I will prob get one in the near future because as of now I have 6 tires to remove from rims and a full change of tires coming soon for my daughters quad so it will definitely be worth it. I'll report back here with my findings on it.

I have looked at them, not to sure how it will hold up. Curious to know, keep us updated on your findings.

I borrowed my buddys home made bead breaker and that sure makes the job easier.

Setting the bead still scares the hell out of me. Usually takes almost 100 pounds of pressure to get them to pop.

I have looked at them, not to sure how it will hold up. Curious to know, keep us updated on your findings.

I borrowed my buddys home made bead breaker and that sure makes the job easier.

Setting the bead still scares the hell out of me. Usually takes almost 100 pounds of pressure to get them to pop.

100psi? :eek:
Suggest either dish soap or Murphy's oil soap for lube on rim. Don't know if Murphy's still sell the concentrate that is consistency of grease. Pretty sure most tires specify 30 or less for seating. I like the hillbilly method of startfluid and fire. Just be sure to remove valve core first.

Suggest either dish soap or Murphy's oil soap for lube on rim. Don't know if Murphy's still sell the concentrate that is consistency of grease. Pretty sure most tires specify 30 or less for seating. I like the hillbilly method of startfluid and fire. Just be sure to remove valve core first.
I use wheel bearing grease.

Yeah 100psi is too much, soap might be a little slicker. I've done the starter fluid quite a few times, it can be a little scary too tho

I've used one a few times have one for our wright stander lawn mowers at work brought my blasty rim there cuz it was leaking around the rim got the Job done no problem just make sure it's mounted to nice sturdy spot I had to use my weight 225lbs to break the bead seems to be holding up pretty good we've changed prob 8 tires with it in about a year no problems yet def good thing to have

I'm thinking weld the bottom mount to a piece of 2" square tubing and then you can just slip it into a trailer hitch receiver.

Reactions: Neverripped
I have heard of people, with small work places, mounting a trailer hitch receiver to their work bench and then mounting their grinder, buffer, vice, etc. to trailer hitch stingers for easy multiuse of their bench.

Reactions: Herpderplol
I have heard of people, with small work places, mounting a trailer hitch receiver to their work bench and then mounting their grinder, buffer, vice, etc. to trailer hitch stingers for easy multiuse of their bench.
That is a neat idea

Ok guys I finally got to use this thing and I wasn't really impressed. Sure all the videos show it going easy with lawn mower tires, but I guess atv tires are a different story. Took me about 4-5 hours today to remove 6 tires. The first one prob took me an hour. I ended up getting a 2' pipe to put on the handle of the bead breaker and consequently bent the flat end of the bead breaker, also bent the all thread rod in the center slightly. All on the first tire, a 18x7x7 cheng shin. I figured out it helps to work around the tire shoving in what ever you can to help hold it away from the rim. I also figured out that after you get the top bead off the rim, you use the removal tool as suggested to get the bottom bead started and then stick a tire iron in from outside, and then switch the removal tool to the outside. It works much easier as the top half of the tire doesn't get in your way. Also I used windex for a lubricant as per the instructions. After I got those 2 it was on to some 22x11x8 kenda's. I think I had both of those off in 30 minutes. Beads popped right off no problems. By then the top of the rubber where the rim sits was already getting torn up. So I was on to my last 2, 20x11x10 holeshots. These were a bit of a problem as the rims have a large hole in the center, that was the sime size as the part the tire rest on, on the changer. So it tried a piece of plywood to make up the difference, which I promptly crushed. So next was a skill saw blade, which worked, but was mangled by the end of the process. These tires were just as hard, if not harder than the first 2. Actually when I started on the last tire, I was trying to break the bead and I heard something pop. Tried a few more times and it kept doing it. Thats when I figured out that the center rod came lose. It was threaded and glued into the aluminum base, but the wasn't good enough. So then I went looking for a new piece of all-thread, which I couldn't find because it was 9/16. So I ended up buying a 9/16 drill bit and a nut. I have 10, 1/2" bits and every size under but not 9/16 for metal. I drilled the last 1/2 inch of the base, because the threads for the rod didn't go all the way through. Threaded the rod through and into the nut underneath. It worked to get that last tire done. The rubber piece on top of the tire changer is pretty much shot now though. Hopefully in the next week or 2 I'll be changing the tires on my daughters little china quad, so I'll find out how it works putting tires on.

Damn I was going to buy that too but seems like it's more hassle than worth. I wonder if the tire shop down the road from me can do atv tires. They only charge 10 for cars.

i've tried them bead breakers, did not like.
lay tire in alley, have freind guide front tire of truck right where tire meets rim, then he stands on opposite side, while I roll over it with truck = bead broken.
works evertime, even on car/truck tires.

I've done that with car tires too, also used a trackhoe before, works great! Wasn't sure how it would work with smaller tire though. Gonna somehow get me a 1/4" steel donut to go on top for tires too so I don't have to use the skill saw blade again