Hard starting

Cam defran

Apr 13, 2019
Green Lane pa
Hello anyone can help its be highly appreciated.....my blasty only starts on Choke and sometimes makes a burping sound when first warming up any suggestions on why?....almost like theres water I the fuel but I checked it out and its fine

Start with cleaning the carb. Totally disassemble it including jets,choke, emulsion tube/main jet holder. They all have tiny holes you can barely see through. Be sure to be able to blow compressed air through ALL holes/passages. Set float level.

Reactions: Cam defran
Start with cleaning the carb. Totally disassemble it including jets,choke, emulsion tube/main jet holder. They all have tiny holes you can barely see through. Be sure to be able to blow compressed air through ALL holes/passages. Set float level.
How do I get the emulsion tube and main jet holder out? I cleaned the jets and checked the choke assembly and all looks swell and I set the float at 21 from carb body with gasket removed is that the right height?

with main jet/brass washer removed, the emulsion tube pushes up and out to inside the carb throat, light taps on a wood dowel or brass rod has worked for me. the main jet and brass washer is what holds it down and in place.

your float height sounds correct

Reactions: Larry's Shee