Hack job issues

ThatGuy01

May 1, 2014
St. Louis
Hey guys this is my first thread for electrical and my second thread started overall, ive searched and read and keep getting the same answers that ive came across so here is my predicament
1995 Blaster
I have gotten a bike, completely deleted of everything to do with lights, key switch, TORS (aftermarket carb too), engine stop switch, main switch, etc. The ONLY things left are the CDI box, coil and stator. but no spark. everything is open, as the manual reads open is ON, even the key switch. ive got good resistance on my stator leads. pickup coil and source coil.

Primary coil ohms are .6- below specs by about half an ohm.
secondary coil ohms are 8.06- above spec by about .3ohms
I bought a coil off a guy today and its worse off than mine- O/R in secondary and 1 ohm in primary.

He also sold me a CDI box that is way different but claimed itd work, but there is no B/R wire going into it from the stator and it has Mitsubishi looking emblem on it- both the coil and CDI does.

I told him it looked different than mine when I got it but he swore it fit and he has a good history in building blaster powered stuff.

Anyway, I believe it to be the CDI box but I don't have one like mine and don't know how to hook this one up. As far as the coil goes, are my specs okay on the one I have?

Also, it still has the full harness but its all taped up and looks like hell, if I was to cut down the wires going to the switches and get rid of ALL of the wires on the lighting side including the regulator would it hurt anything?

Thanks for reading this long as hell thread and any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!
Adam.

no mention of magnets on flywhell?

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/stock-wiring-diagrams.51842/

obviously parts were messed with but is it a 95 frame at least?

year calculater pic plus ex1 1 1.jpg

ill have to look tomorrow morning, with a digital MM I went across the B/R and Black wires while cranking and got a voltage spike highest of 1.12v

and can a mod delete all of the other threads, apparently it posted all of them even though it didn't go to new page, just showed it was loading

just pulled the numbers off of the CDI sold to me, it matches a TRI-MOTO early to late 80s. ive been screwed lol

i would put the oem parts on if i were you but other people will post to you they no more then i do about the electrical department,How do you know it has a aftermarket stator,if you did not pull flywheel??

as far as I know the Stator is stock, ive never even pulled the cover. I just checked the resistance covered in the repair manuals.

if the person that sold it to you did not fix the spark issue,it is a good possibility it is the stator,they might not have been able to pull it off either,make sure you get a oem one if you ever buy one :).i think you need to replace the stator with another one or test it :)

This is literally the only wires that are still in working order, the rest are in deleted fashion per what this site says will work as deleted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 244
Okay lol thanks. And as far as that thread says my stator is good... I can't believe I bought a tri-moto CDI and talked into thinking it was going to work... I'm retarded lol.