Gulf coast Florida, trail & woods riding near Inverness

ftl900

It's not anything you want to truck your quad 75 miles for, but there's some pretty good local riding just north of Hernando. We spent 2-3 hours there and didn't feel like we were riding in circles. In fact, a small GPS or even a compass wouldn't be a bad idea.

Leaving Inverness (34450) towards Hernando, 200 & 41 split. Follow 41 to the left past the split towards Dunellon for 1.2 miles and then turn right into the woods on the dirt road to park.

OR follow 200 right past the split towards Ocala for about 2 miles past the split. Watch for Adams road on the right, and then turn left onto a dirt/sand road into the woods.

There are some pretty good trails back in there. Google Hernando on youtube and you'll see a bit of hill climbing taken there too.

Parking suggestions are marked on the map. My F150 2wd makes it okay even with 2 quads on it, but it's loose sand in places. The riding area outlined in red on the map is a rough guess on my part, since most trails and hills are obscured by tree cover. (Also helps keep the heat down.)

Types of riding:
Some steep hills, miles of trails, mudholes, whoops but mostly near the paved road.

hernandoec7.jpg

damn i didnt think anyone lived out here.. i live in inverness as well.. right across the street from wild bills airboat tours... who all is out here we gotta link up and go ridding some time..I:I

im in the homosassa area, off grover cleveland. theres a good number of dirt trails right in my neighborhood, plus i know of an even better number of areas in the homosassa/crystal river/dunellon region as well. ive been a local for a while.

lol..thats funny my girlfriend live's off grover.. and sandpiper..
the only places ive ridden are in hernando.. it would be nice to find some new area's hit me up sometime..

Last Saturday with my dad there were a few people up there my dads going up this weekend to with a few friends from here in Saint Pete. my dads lived 15 minutes away this whole time its so funny haha.

Sorry for the absence, I thought I was subscribed so I didn't check back.

I have a Raptor 660, my teen (Nick) has a Blaster, and my older son (Paul) has a 250 2-stroke dirt bike. We go riding in Hernando maybe once a month or so, usually on the east side of the map I posted. It's called Arrowhead by a lot of the locals. Another guy told us about some power lines he rides on the way to Crystal River, but we don't know the details of where to go just yet.

Nick added about a half gallon of straight gas to his blaster and it locked up, so right now the top end is off, but it doesn't look like it did any real damage to it. We're gonna give it the once over and reassemble it. It needs an exhaust gasket for where the pipe comes out of the head, and I have an FMF slipon coming for it from Titusville. Thinking of repainting all the bodywork again - last time we did blue, and it turned out ok, but we could do better. Other than the little stuff, we're ready to ride most any time.

Oh btw, we live on the south side of Inverness, Highlands south - turn at the ABC store and go towards Brooksville. We're about 3 miles out, near Anna Jo and Pleasant Grove road. There's a couple of acres of trails right near our house, but it's not much except for messing around.

If any of you guys want to get together and ride, just let us know. My email address is ftl900@yahoo.com

Michael

Sorry for the absence, I thought I was subscribed so I didn't check back.

I have a Raptor 660, my teen (Nick) has a Blaster, and my older son (Paul) has a 250 2-stroke dirt bike. We go riding in Hernando maybe once a month or so, usually on the east side of the map I posted. It's called Arrowhead by a lot of the locals. Another guy told us about some power lines he rides on the way to Crystal River, but we don't know the details of where to go just yet.

Nick added about a half gallon of straight gas to his blaster and it locked up, so right now the top end is off, but it doesn't look like it did any real damage to it. We're gonna give it the once over and reassemble it. It needs an exhaust gasket for where the pipe comes out of the head, and I have an FMF slipon coming for it from Titusville. Thinking of repainting all the bodywork again - last time we did blue, and it turned out ok, but we could do better. Other than the little stuff, we're ready to ride most any time.

Oh btw, we live on the south side of Inverness, Highlands south - turn at the ABC store and go towards Brooksville. We're about 3 miles out, near Anna Jo and Pleasant Grove road. There's a couple of acres of trails right near our house, but it's not much except for messing around.

If any of you guys want to get together and ride, just let us know. My email address is ftl900@yahoo.com

Michael

wow thats not too far from us. we should all def head out to hernando sometime. im gettin my new paddle tires soon and ill be ready to go!!

Wow, I like your pink & black Blaster!!

We're thinking of repainting while we have the bodywork off. I'm thinking we'll have it all put back together and ready to ride in the next week or so. Besides, King of the Wing is in town tomorrow, and we'll be there.

Get your paddles on, and maybe we can get out there and go riding next weekend, April 11th or 12th. Have you ridden out there before? It's a good mixture of trails, a few hills, and lotsa woods.

Wow, I like your pink & black Blaster!!

We're thinking of repainting while we have the bodywork off. I'm thinking we'll have it all put back together and ready to ride in the next week or so. Besides, King of the Wing is in town tomorrow, and we'll be there.

Get your paddles on, and maybe we can get out there and go riding next weekend, April 11th or 12th. Have you ridden out there before? It's a good mixture of trails, a few hills, and lotsa woods.

yea we went to an area with a big sand pit..
thats why she wants her paddle tires on..
were up for ridding anytime she's off of work.

Where's the sand pit?? We went to Floral City to a small area last week, and out onto a dry lake bed overgrown with grass, but there wasn't much riding out there.

I take it your Mr. 305 indicates a big bore kit?? Just a guess. While we have the top end off, we're gonna do minor port cleaning, but only the rough stuff - no real shaping or anything like that. I also have an FMF silencer coming, banshee shocks, and a new grab bar and handlbars for the Blasty.

my.php

305 is my nikname i moved here from miami and thats what people around here started calling me..
i do have a CT kit tho..
the sand pit it would be hard to pinpoint but its off 41 by the area circled