Got some new parts for the Banshee

2_Smoked

Feb 10, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR
www.myspace.com
New tires, sprockets and chain. Went from 20's to 18's so i came up a tooth on my front sprocket. The old front sprocket could have been used as a ninja star. Seriously the worst sprocket i have ever seen. No wonder the previous owner got some case damage. Well I made sure that would never happen with a guard but with the bigger sprocket the clearance is like a 1-2mm. Does anyone think this is too close?

205330_3468472307450_194668017_n.jpg

198404_3468467347326_17629294_n.jpg

Always love the look of new tires ! , I Would maybe take some material off just to be on the safe side , But thats just me , maybe someone else will chime in !

I dont think you need to remove any material in the body, as the chain will always be seated on the sprocket, wether on acelleration or over run.

It may pay to pare of a little material from the entrance, to allow for a little chain bounce.

As the chain beds into the sprocket the clearance will get greater.

Yup, that is what a worn sprocket and a stretched chain will do.

It never fails to amaze me that some peeps will actually change out the front sprocket, but continue to run the old stretched chain and worn back sprocket.

It is a pointless exercise, as the new front sprocket will soon be just as worn, if it don"t break the chain first.

(Gets off soapbox)

Previous case damage, yes. Leaks from the break, no. So late on the case saver i would say no, since it can still save it from a break that would cause my bike to spew fluid out of the case half. Kinda of a prick comment, isn't it?

it wasn't a prick comment.

it was a smart a$$ coment. I have one just like it.

go take a midol and chill

It was actually worse. I'll post a pick when I find it again. it was sharp to the touch and a tooth was missing.

I can easily beat that... My old quad the sprocket was so warn.. and the chain so stretched.. i cant explain it ill have to upload a picture tomorrow if i remember..