got into it finally

blasterboy 2000

Sep 2, 2011
its only been since thanksgiving that my blaster blew up again. have had the tp end apart since then. but finally dug into the bottom end. bottom rod bearing is god thank god was a brand new rod and crank rebuild. crank bearing are good just needed to be cleaned extra good just to be safe but crank seals are bad. so need crank seals and gasket kit. already got a new jug and piston. due to cracked sleeve and a hole in the pos cast piston heres 2 pics of the bottom end.
001.jpg

sdfas003.jpg
went with a wiseco piston and a cylinder from budget blaster. thank god for him he sent me a fresh bored .010 over cylinder and head for cheap. but hope to have it together soon

While you have it apart, spend an exrta dollar and replace the bearings.

I never like to re use a bearing that may have suffered gravel rash.

bearings only have about 4 hours on them plus break in time. reason for blowing up again after spending 800 to get it into running order was a major temp drop that made my jetting go wack. it was at least a good 25 degree drop one i was riding i was bundled up in my snowmobile shut and paints i was sweating. and jetting was for 55 to 60 and it was a good 25 out. sucks i was going to my grandparents for thanksgiving dinner one it happend.

due to cracked sleeve and a hole in the pos cast piston

This is what concerns me, hole in the piston.

Where did the bits of piston go?

When a cast piston breaks up, they break up into little tiny gritty particles which just love to nest in bearings.,

No matter how little work the bearings have done, a little bit of grit could have ruined them.

damn bro that does suck .... well down here in fla ive got temp changes to worry about its super hot like 50 weeeks of the year and the other two weeks are between 40 50 . and i wont be riding in that .. the hell with it run em if they only have that many hrs on em

i dont know more lol. it was just that one day it had to drop the 4th day i got the blaster back. i was about to flip it in the ditch and say to hell with you and walk home lol. but i didnt. and with looking at the bearings my builder said that they are usable just gotta spend the time and 4 cans or more of carb cleaner and get all the grit and piston out of it. and be sure cause he dont want this to happen again. not to mention he rebuilt it once and this is the second time he dont wanna do it again. reason of not buying new bearings is no money. i gave my last 300 dollars to geting it fixed again. and money tree ran out so. thats why if the rod bearing was bad i would have got a 3 mill. but that would have taken another year to get

I am not going to advocate using bearings that may have run with grit in them.

If you really have to re use the bearings, clean them properly, immerse them in cleaning fluid, such as Kerosine or gas, and flush them out many times whilst revolving them.

Just spraying from a can may not fully remove any grit that may be trapped in the cages.

When you have satisfied yourself that they are perfectly clean, blow them dry with compresses air, making sure that the bearings do not revolve freely.

Put a little 2 stroke oil on the bearing and rotate, back and forth, feeling for any restrictions.

If any restrictions are felt, bin them.

I am not going to advocate using bearings that may have run with grit in them.

If you really have to re use the bearings, clean them properly, immerse them in cleaning fluid, such as Kerosine or gas, and flush them out many times whilst revolving them.

Just spraying from a can may not fully remove any grit that may be trapped in the cages.

When you have satisfied yourself that they are perfectly clean, blow them dry with compresses air, making sure that the bearings do not revolve freely.

Put a little 2 stroke oil on the bearing and rotate, back and forth, feeling for any restrictions.

If any restrictions are felt, bin them.
crank bearing move freely with no ristractions. builder said they feel like they did one he put them in maybe a little more freely from being broke in. idk about rod bearing we didnt go into details about that. but i trust him well enough to let him go ahead and do what he wants to get it running and use what can be used. ive know him since i was born so i am hopeing i can trust him