Gearing

dwndak

I recently switched from a 21x10x8 rear tire, and I dropped all the way down to a 18x10x8 rear.... Went from mud trails down to flat land more MX style riding....

With that drastic drop in sizing I need to switch out some sprockets and get some of my top end back now..... Just curious what you guys are running/recommend...

I'm considering going up to a 19x11x8 next summer... so that should be considered as well...

Mostly ride flat hard pack dirt/grass mix, with some firm sand/hill climbs and small to moderate MX style ramps.... nothing major.

From time to time we head over to town on the bikes for beers/lunch but not a TON of road riding overall....

Only mods I have is a FMF Power core two full system..... 06 bike.. stock other then the exhuast.

I would try the 14 tooth from sprocket and see how that works for you. You don't want to gear to high do to your limited mods. Once you pull more power from the motor, you can try higher gearing.

yeah i would throw a 14T up front and leave the rear stock. it will cost you $15. then if you feel you still need more gear you can get a 38T rear.

Hmm perfect.. thanks a lot

It looks as though I'll need to go up to at least a 9" rear rim to get a 19-20 inch tire as well.... which is fine... This bike will basically get me through to the spring when I pick up a 450DS... I've basically outgrown (too fat) for this bike and the style of riding... and these newer 450's are monsters.....