Gaskets.

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
Not sure if this is the proper section for this since im not reporting on a product but im asking.. Anyways I have used all sorts of diff manufacturers in the past for gaskets and I see allot on here about the blue/green gaskets being not so reliable.. I have seen several different brands that have a green or blue or blueish green gasket.

Athena(blueish green)*
Vitos (blue),
Namura (black),
Namura (blueish green), *
Namura (blue),
Tusk (blueish green), *
K&S (blueish green, D&K), *
K&S (blue),
Vitos 240 (blueish green), *
Wiseco (blueish green), *
NE brand (blue),
Cometic (black),
Versah (black),
Oem (black),
Winderosa (black),
QuadBoss (black),

*** represents the same or very similar markings on that color gasket ****
(possibly same manufacturer) ???

Are these the bad gaskets? that's what im trying to figure out. I know OEM and Cometic are my personal gaskets of choice and imo the best choice. I am curious to see if any others have had good success with other gaskets since there are so so many choices out there and we could possibly try to weed out the Blue, Blueish green difference if there is any or are all the non black gaskets crap ????
I may have missed a few im sure...

Please post the gaskets that you have used or are presently and if you were pleased or not. Pertaining the the Yamaha Blaster only. Im mainly talking about the base gasket for the cylinder. I will start.

Blue blaster (blueish green gasket) I received it this way and there were no leaks. Cylinder is currently off at the moment. Black blaster oem gaskets currently no leaks. (pulling top end shortly)

Rebuilt with OEM gaskets. When tore down OEM gaskets were present with no leaks. Can't go wrong with OEM base gasket. Especially when it's only 6.99.

i believe the idea behind it is that those other ones are paper and oem and cometic has some type of metal or summin in them.

OEM or Cometic only

there are black paper ones too, specifically that winderosa set

construction paper is for making snow angels in grade school, not sealing engines :)

imagesCALUOAHT.jpg