GAS TANK NEEDS CLEANED.

William Lou

Mar 6, 2020
I have a 06 2stroke blaster which has been sitting in storage for 6 years with about a 1/4 of a tank sitting in it. So I poured out the gas and it was very strong in smell and really green. I need help on how to clean the inside of tank or some good methods to do.

I'd try a bottle of Seafoam from any auto store, made to to remove gasoline varnish and deposits, then maybe some Simple Green, Purple Power, Awesome Cleaner from Dollar General, or Dawn dish soap, then water flush until it runs clean

AWK said it right, but I add rubbing alcohol, then rinse multiple times! (on occasion I will shoot some carb cleaner in just to help) no magic..............

Reactions: Awk08
I ussualy sray a can or2 of brake clean (red can) with the straw on and shake it around good.or any of the above mentioned

Most of my project bikes have somewhere between a 1/4 to 1/2 in of crusty gunk that smells to high heaven! I add as much carb cleaner and small sharp rocks, plug all holes and shake the snot out of them. Its a bit unorthodox, but usually Have major success. (works for rust in the tank also)

Most of my project bikes have somewhere between a 1/4 to 1/2 in of crusty gunk that smells to high heaven! I add as much carb cleaner and small sharp rocks, plug all holes and shake the snot out of them. Its a bit unorthodox, but usually Have major success. (works for rust in the tank also)

I've heard of that using a handful of small hex nuts for rusted steel tanks

Reactions: Slydog