Full Build

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi guys. i have alot of plans for my 2002 blaster but i won't be able to afford it all for a few years. for now these are my plans from now upto xmas.

Now.
Maxxis Razr 2 Tires All Round
Aftermarket Bumper
Front Hydro Conversion
sell off my stock parts.
At Xmas.
Toomey Exhaust System
V Force 3 Reeds

i do have alot more to do like new plastics,new rims,different nerf bars,wider front end with upgraded stage 1 elka suspension along with a longer swingarm but it will take me alot of time to do unless i magically get a apprenticeship soon! haha but should be awesome once its done.

il post pictures of everything once it arrives. should have my front hydros on tuesday and my lower wishbone arms on wednesday.

i was going to powdercoat the frame etc this year but id rather wait until i have the money saved to buy my wider a-arms and suspension as then i don't need to pay twice as much as would be getting the a-arms done in candy red.

but it will take time and alot of it. if i had the quad 2 years back i had 2k sitting in paypal would of paid for most of my stuff! but oh well can't turn back time unfortunately :p

some pictures of quad as it sits the now.

quadbuild002.jpg

quadbuild001.jpg

quadbuild003.jpg

quadbuild005.jpg

quadbuild007.jpg

need to get engine out and replace the barrel gasket as i used cheap paper ones bad idea! but have a genuine yamaha one sitting ready :)

brakes are on hold just now. seems like the seller forgot to put the metal plate in that has the slot cut out for the caliper fitting. its in his picture on the listing but he dismantled the brakes for fitting them in box so i am guessing he is forgot to put them in.

Mine is blue with the yamaha diamonds.

ah ok not right now bud as not sure what i am doing. not sure if im changing colors or not. if i am changing colors your welcome to buy my tank cover but i am wanting to trade for something i might only have for a month. but if i do decide to change colors and i am selling it you will be the first to know ;)

Got My 2 Lower Wishbone Arms Ordered. once They arrive il be stripping the frame bare and sending the stuff of to get powdercoated in candy red along with swingarm. sticking to stock wishbones for now until i have the cash saved for the stage 1 elkas and the +3 american star a-arms. would i be best upgrading the shocks and wider a-arms before the plastics? my toomey will be getting ordered on boxing day so exhaust is already sorted.

ment to say when i seen a post by steveN about his swingarm saying the guy sent as the value under so much dollars. i asked the guy and he said he wouldn't be able to. but it arrived straight to my door and had a value of $29 on it :p

I would honestly upgrade your suspension before plastics. It can look like a ford but hanfle like a ferrari. As long as it handles good yhen upgrade looks later

I would honestly upgrade your suspension before plastics. It can look like a ford but hanfle like a ferrari. As long as it handles good yhen upgrade looks later

yeah dude! well my elkas and a-arms are 700 im thinking about getting my toomey ordered on boxing day. and saving my money until next xmas then that way i can get more parts as if i save until next xmas il have about 400 of pocket money plus il have money coming in at 50 quid a week for a course im doing :)

turns out the seller forgot to put the rotor guards and the caliper bolts in with the rest of the brakes. he contacted me today and said he has posted them out and i have a tracking number :)

still no change still to get upper a-arm bolts going to go to local store tomorrow and see if they have any suitable. rotor guards and caliper bolts should be here next week sometime. got my calipers working just needed bleeding. but thinking about getting a rebuild kit for them anyway so there like new ;)

still no change still to get upper a-arm bolts going to go to local store tomorrow and see if they have any suitable. rotor guards and caliper bolts should be here next week sometime. got my calipers working just needed bleeding. but thinking about getting a rebuild kit for them anyway so there like new ;)

Good plan, I did the same thing rebuilt all the calipers and master cylinders before i put them on, never know what kind of shape they were in previously and brakes is a must!