Fuel leaking from carburettor overflows

chblaster

Feb 18, 2019
HELLO!

Please can someone help me with my carburettor problem:

When I turn the fuel on ('on' setting) the fuel leaks - i say leaks, it flows quite steadily - from an overflow outlet on the carburettor.
HOWEVER, when I turn the fuel on reserve, it leaks from a different overflow outlet.
I will show photos below.

It does seem that when the engine is running, on either setting, fuel does not escape the carburettor. I assume this is the same when riding the quad.

I have taken apart the carburettor and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I thought maybe it was the float getting stuck in the chamber causing more fuel to enter the carburettor and consequently escaping through overflows, however, this seems to be operational as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

ON - 20190304

RESERVE - 20190305

Attachments

• 20190304_162942.jpg
    20190304_162942.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
  • 20190305_120919.jpg
    20190305_120919.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 228
Last edited:
@chblaster … Stop, drop, shut 'em down, open up shop (not sure why DMX Lyrics popped in my head for this) o_O

do not start that engine again until you block off the deleted oil injection line (orange circle), or you're going to fry your shiz !
and WTH is this snot in the green circle ? that port is not open into the carb

oi.jpg

an 1/8" vacuum cap from any auto parts store is best, but a short piece of 1/8" hose with the correct size bolt silicon'd in has worked too
full

there are 2 reasons for fuel overflowing the carb bowl, bad or dirty float valve/needle, or floats need adjusted or sticking .......

https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/float-heights-and-how-to-adjust-them.50565/

https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/easy-and-almost-free-way-to-stop-leaky-carbs.33335/

Reactions: chblaster
I also see no fuel filter... Just yesterday I opened a carb leaking badly by the breather holes. Dirty fuel enters the carb and the needle seat sticks and voila, carb keeps asking for fuel. Was an easy clean up but I added fuel filter after that to the bike.

No fuel filter = constant cleaning of carb.

Hi my tubes on my petcock are broken off . Is it safe to drive likenthat? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-112715.png
    Screenshot_20190314-112715.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 206
it's letting dirt thru, they're the filter. and you will lose your reserve function.
get a new petcock