Frame differences by year?

Sasquatch

Jan 22, 2019
Utah, USA
I recently bought 2 blasters and was wondering if there was any differences in the frames or anything like that. One is an 88' and the other is a 96'. Would like to build one up for fun and the other I could use as a guinea pig or spare.

if everything being of equal shape ? go with the '96

88-89 frames are missing the brackets for the metal heel guards on the angled frame section from down near the swingarm bolt up to the rear seat section.

90-02 have those heel guard mounts, and some have some random mounts for reflectors in states that required them, I've only ran into this once in all the blasters I've had or worked on, but those don't effect anything.

88-02 are nearly identical besides those heel guard mounts and use the same platsics and CDI and TORS units mount under the hood

03-06 frames added ..... rear brake master cylinder and brake light switch mount, different CDI/TORS mount under the hood, built in headlight mount, and different front hood mount

I started with a 92 blaster, swapped everything to an 06 frame for the title and hydro brake mounts, and now on an 03 frame after breaking the 06.
so it is possible to swap everything from all years, with some mounts fabbing required to go to the newer 03+ frames when using the pre 03 electronics and plastics.
it;s also possible to go backwards, 03+ parts onto pre 03 frame, but not sure who would do that and lose the hydro brake mounts.

Reactions: Sasquatch
Thanks! I did notice the missing heel guard mount on the 88'. It's mostly running but was thinking of swapping it into the 96' frame because its better looking hah! The 88' has a few coats of rattle can paint I'd like to strip and weld in some gussets. Not really too worried about the heel guard mounts since I'll be running a nerf bar setup.

Reactions: Awk08