Forum Width Format

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
I love the new update, and it looks awesome!

however for us who are using big 1080p monitors, the page only takes up about 10" of the screen. maybe we could add a widescreen format option for the people with big monitors?

Reactions: cbaber
I am using a wide screen (1080p) monitor myself and find that it is actually more comfortable to look at the content when its more centered instead of stretched for the full width of the screen.

Personally, I think its slightly easier to read this:
upload_2014-2-6_15-38-36.png

Than this:
upload_2014-2-6_15-37-55.png

This is an example with just one lines but if you are reading something much longer, you will find yourself having to move your eyes/neck much more frequently.

Anyway, this is just my personal preference but I don't think that it will be super difficult to create another style based on this one that will be of full width. All it will need is a new header image, some style modifications and probably a few more tweaks. This can be added to the To-Do list if more people are interested.

Thanks for your feedback!

I am using a wide screen (1080p) monitor myself and find that it is actually more comfortable to look at the content when its more centered instead of stretched for the full width of the screen.

Personally, I think its slightly easier to read this:
View attachment 8338

Than this:
View attachment 8337

This is an example with just one lines but if you are reading something much longer, you will find yourself having to move your eyes/neck much more frequently.

Anyway, this is just my personal preference but I don't think that it will be super difficult to create another style based on this one that will be of full width. All it will need is a new header image, some style modifications and probably a few more tweaks. This can be added to the To-Do list if more people are interested.

Thanks for your feedback!

ok sounds good. just an idea. im not on much, but the other forums im on, i do like the full screen reading.

yeah i do like it better, but why is there so many new posts?? i have 10 pages of old stuff.
Do you mean you would like a full width style better or the way it currently is?

The older already posts are showing as unread is due to the migration and a fresh cache. You can just go to the hope page and mark all Forums as read:
upload_2014-2-6_17-36-27.png

Do you mean you would like a full width style better or the way it currently is?

The older already posts are showing as unread is due to the migration and a fresh cache. You can just go to the hope page and mark all Forums as read:

width is fine..... i dont have a monster of a monitor either though just my laptop,

oh... ok thanks

I like this screen fit exactly the way it is now, and have no problems.

when im on the form on my tablet it shows that there has been a new post in the section but it doesent show that the thread is

When im on the form on my tablet it shows that there has been a new post in the section but it doesn't show that the thread is

This is because the forum is fully responsive to the screen size and device you use. If the screen is of a mobile device with a small resolution, it will make some elements bigger and removes other elements that are not 100% necessary. Try rotating your screen (vertical and horizontal) to see how some of those things change.

See example of how it works: http://screencast.com/t/uCW3VoAbAG3q