fmf or toomey

01blasterbren

Jan 15, 2018
Debateing on a fmf powercore 2 fattyboy or a toomey the fmf is more than 100$ less but i do trail rideing with long strait and lits of tight turns i need to know what kind of power to look for

fmf is low to mid range
toomey is mid to high
and you absolutely need to mod the airbox with the breather tubes it comes with or no lid on toomey.
i have had both i liked the toomey but i want to say i liked the fmf better for trails.
and fmf is much more quiet than the toomey silencer.

fmf is low to mid range
toomey is mid to high
and you absolutely need to mod the airbox with the breather tubes it comes with or no lid on toomey.
i have had both i liked the toomey but i want to say i liked the fmf better for trails.
and fmf is much more quiet than the toomey silencer.
Air box breather tube?

Air box breather tube?
fine they are called vent plugs:D
vent plugs.jpg

Air box breather tube?

Also known as snorkel . Runs from front of air box lid to back of gas tank.
Many remove it for more air flow, most remove it and the lid for even more air flow. Unless you ride through lots of water I wouldn't bother with those little vents, just ditch the lid. Be sure to jet for whichever pipe and filter setup you use.

Also known as snorkel . Runs from front of air box lid to back of gas tank.
Many remove it for more air flow, most remove it and the lid for even more air flow. Unless you ride through lots of water I wouldn't bother with those little vents, just ditch the lid. Be sure to jet for whichever pipe and filter setup you use.
YEAH like the 400ex:D
either way the toomey needs a airbox mod either vents or no lid:)
010.JPG

i had 2 toomey setup's on 2 different blaster's
and i will tell you stock airbox will not work.......needs modded
vents or no lid.

Im laughinf at a guy right now with a 270 in a Toomey set up and i guess ill tell him that too

I was told 310 jet and that's ok
it would be at least 310 main jet for toomey but if anything dumb and dumber get a 310 main at least with needle clip in middle position airscrew is said to be set at 3/4 of a turn out and with the toomey they are right or damn near close.
need to plug chop for accuracy.
and temp and elevation comes into play on jetting

it would be at least 310 main jet for toomey but if anything dumb and dumber get a 310 main at least with needle clip in middle position airscrew is said to be set at 3/4 of a turn out and with the toomey they are right or damn near close.
need to plug chop for accuracy.
and temp and elevation comes into play on jetting
I'm in upstate New York I was told 310 is for here for Toomey

it is all day todd!
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/toomey-b1-and-v-force-reeds.66959/#post-809737
don't listen to people that still live with their parents/\
and buy used parts off e-bayo_O
i bet the 310 mikuni main jet would be okay if you absolutely cannot
do the proper tests....... STAY AWAY FROM WINTER TEMPS
meaning don't start or ride it in winter if you are playing it safe without altering the fuel/mixture for colder temps.
Im out:p

Look it up it confirms jetting basically run wot 1-6 gears pull clutch coast to stop pull plug and cut to see colour