flywheel weight

gizzy2014

Rippin' Hard
Jul 22, 2012
dickinson ND
hey guys, i know the effects of heavier or lighter fylwheel, my kx250 has a weight on it, that i dont have the tool to remove, and was wondering if u thought it would be worth taking he time to make tool to remove it?? also i guess i need to get a flywheel nut as it is in place of the nut holding the flywheel on the shaft.

i only ride tracks once in a while, i like riding in montana in some gnarly hills, and trail riding mostly

i feel like it revs out fast enough even with it on there, so taking it off would make it worse i think

If you take it off your motor it will be much more of a light switch and you won't like it. If your used to it now, your going to hate it with it off. Specially in tight, technical trails. You still need to make a tool to remove it cause if you need to split the motor for any reason, the flywheel needs to come off. The main seals on a kx have to be installed from the inside unlike the blaster or honda motors.

ok thanks, i figured it would be that way ill leave it on, and make a tool someday for it when the day comes to take it a part i dont have time right now, and the bike is a half hour from me, and soon will be 7 hrs back home in ND for the winter