Flywheel spacer/washer

DubbedSharkz

Nov 11, 2020
Just rebuilt my blaster. Fired it up and it ran for 2 whole seconds then the flywheel came loose because it didn't like our home made washer... I just need to know what size of washer it is to fix it

The proper oem washer and keyway.
Tourqed correctly. And you should be fine.

The proper oem washer and keyway.
Tourqed correctly. And you should be fine.
So I got the washer and finally put the thing back together. I let it sit and idle for 10 minutes or so. After that it ran away and I saved it in time. Was it because I let it get too hot by idling for that long? Its a complete top end rebuild btw and that was the first start. The TORS screw is also weird because it needs to be turned ALL the way in for it to even adjust the idle. Thanks

Don't forget to get the correct keyway also.
A Williams washer might work.its a thick hardened washer
But i would recommend the oem stuff there.
You don't want to damage your crank or flywheel. That will cost more that 7 bucks
Proper tourqe is very important because it is a tapered shaft. The tapper is what holds the flywheel from spinning on the shaft.
Keyway only times the flywheel. To the crank. It's not made to keep it from spinning like on a straight shaft

Reactions: Larry's Shee
So I got the washer and finally put the thing back together. I let it sit and idle for 10 minutes or so. After that it ran away and I saved it in time. Was it because I let it get too hot by idling for that long? Its a complete top end rebuild btw and that was the first start. The TORS screw is also weird because it needs to be turned ALL the way in for it to even adjust the idle. Thanks
Sounds like you may have an airleak. Or a lean condition. What's the spark plug look like?It is air cooled so depending on outside temp 10 minutes is long
Did you bore your stock cylinder and install new piston.
Or put on a cheap egay cylinder kit?

Last edited:
If you were running out of fuel Sometimes. They have been known to do that also