flywheel nut help

jose sanchez

Apr 25, 2015
I'm trying to remove this flywheel nut on this 2002 Yamaha blaster 200 and I can't seem to find the right socket to remove it what size is the nut or what kind of socket do I need

Attachments

• 1432763728993.jpg
    1432763728993.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 943
Last edited:
watch at your own risk:eek:
someone might have replaced it with a diff nut?..not sure about that though:)

Crap! Look at the holes??? Is the head of the bolt holding anything in place? All you have to do is slot the hole not elephant size the hole! All he had to do is drill a hole beside the old hole the connect them. Not let a blind man go crazy with a die grinder!:confused:

Crap! Look at the holes??? Is the head of the bolt holding anything in place? All you have to do is slot the hole not elephant size the hole! All he had to do is drill a hole beside the old hole the connect them. Not let a blind man go crazy with a die grinder!:confused:

i think he did the tilt a drill bit hole method:rolleyes:

Do you mean that the flywheel keeps spinning and you cant get the nut off? If so sometimes a quick whack with a rubber mallet or reg hammer of the wratchet or wrench is enough to break the nut lose. Or an impact wrench always works well.. Or you can always use one of the motion pro clutch wrenches that has the 2 nipple thingys that stick out that go into the two holes on the flywheel..

Attachments

• clutch wrench.jpg
    clutch wrench.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 279
Do you mean that the flywheel keeps spinning and you cant get the nut off? If so sometimes a quick whack with a rubber mallet or reg hammer of the wratchet or wrench is enough to break the nut lose. Or an impact wrench always works well.. Or you can always use one of the motion pro clutch wrenches that has the 2 nipple thingys that stick out that go into the two holes on the flywheel..
No I mean I can't find the right size socket to take it off

i want to see this 17mm socket lol
why are you trying to take it off??
also i have searched the part number stamped on yur flywheel with no luck
but im not even sure were you are at on the map:)
the part number in United States does not match yours... but yah know lol

I need to replace the stator but I'm taking it to a atv repair shop to see if the can test the stator or figure out what's wrong with it

Also I live in Wisconsin

ohhh so no spark:)
like i say that part number i cannot locate/although it has the yamaha logo stamped on it,with a part numbero_O
it does not match my searches..but im sure shop will tell you the issue:)

ohhh so no spark:)
like i say that part number i cannot locate/although it has the yamaha logo stamped on it,with a part numbero_O
it does not match my searches..but im sure shop will tell you the issue:)
It has a little spark but I think the stator is not generating enough electricity to turn on because now that I changed the cdi box and the plug cap and the coil assembly now it has spark before it didn't