Fixed and broke again.

1meanblaster

Sep 3, 2010
Kimball, MI
Today was the first day in 3 months my quad ran. and it was runnning better than it ever has. and it broke today again too. I'm gonna fix it. and not ride it hard. take it apart. repaint everything and make it look pretty. fix the ri leaks in the tires. and sell it for no less than a grand. and start saving for a newer and bigger cc quad. i mean i can get a 600 raptor for about 2000 off craigslist. complete stock. why stick with a 230cc blaster thats from 1989 that breaks everytime i ride it hard.
time to fix sell and move on to bigger toys.

Don't blame the ride. Blame the rider. A 4 stroke takes more knowledge and work to make and keep it running right. If you can't fix a Blaster right, your not going to have any better luck with another Quad.

Maintainence plays a major part in riding, even the big bikes will break if ignored.

The Blaster requires very little maintainance to keep it running happily, it is not so withr 4 strokes.

I know its my fault. cause i beat the sh*t out of it. but ive always kept fluid in it and good mixed gas. But ive beat the sit out of it and its from 1989. sooner or later things are gonna start breaking. I just want a newer and faster quad anyways. I know i can make a grand or a lil more off it. I just want something not as old. and faster. i got to accoustom to it. and tired of being smoked my everybody i ride with.

What kind of oil do you use ? What ratio do you premix at ? Do you leak test ? Do you own a leak down tester ? There has to be something/things that you do or don't do to cause all these problems you experience ! Buying a new/different machine will only delay the inevitable, in time you will experience the same problems and be right back to square one. Maintenance and up keep are just as much a part of the sport as ridin and tearin stuff up, you cant do one without the other. I say keep the blaster, and learn as much as you can about maintenance and proper overhauls. Between the forum and a simple Blaster/Clymer manual you will acquire all the information you need, and there is great satisfaction in building, fixing and maintaining your machine yourself !

Raptor 600 being less maintenance??? Let us know how that goes for you. It doesn't get any easier or more reliable than a blaster.

And yeah what actually broke? It could be something easy maybe not but now is the time to look into things and learn a little.. like stated above a blaster is a pretty simple machine, get some knowledge on what you have already instead of jumping to something else and fixing someone else's problems.. start with the basics, you have allot of good knowledgeable people on here willing to help and imo when and if you do fix this problem its very satisfying. Just one more thing.. blaster are and can be a very quick little nimble machine, and there nothing like beating a 400s or 350s or even some 600s in the trails with Little 200. Just remember a 600 is a pretty decent jump from a200 , there's allot more weight there to try n toss around. I'm just saying that maybe give the blasty a good look over n see if it isn't a cheap and simple fix and learn something on the way, because if something happens to a four stroke there's allot more time and $ and knowledge to be invested than on the blaster.. now see when i got a blaster i had no idea about two strokes other than mixing my gas. I knew allot about 4 strokes there like a car. But i do know four strokes r much heavier and more expensive to fix when broken. I'm glad i got into two strokes and involved in this forum i learn something every day... that's what this site is for, shoot out some of the issues you are having and and these guys would be glad to help..

Sounds like he was frustrated and just needed to vent. If you can't keep a blaster on the dirt good luck with anything else that's not a bicycle.