First ever atv

Clownkin

Apr 26, 2020
33 years old. Always wanted an atv and like working on things myself. Blaster was the perfect fit with what I wanted and could handle solo building. Here's what I started with
2020_0417_21090984_compress86.jpg

It then quickly turned into this. Forgive the mess. I'm a bit of a "not sure what tool to bring, bring them all" kind of person.
20200426_165830_compress50.jpg

This is the mostly finished product. Still waiting on a couple of bits and pieces but she runs strong now and looks good
20200507_174009_compress4.jpg

Reactions: Slydog
So far I did mostly maintenance stuff. Removed the tors properly. It was kinda half way done when I got it. Went to honda hubs and wheels that have a little better offset to them. Pushed the rear out 2 inches wider. Replaced the bearings in the axle, rebuilt the carb, nerf bars and rear grab bar. 2 inches lower in the front and 3 inches in the rear. Did brake pads all the way around. Now I'm looking for a hydro rear setup.

Reactions: Slydog
Sweet! Looks to be in really good shape, what year is it? Did you see what jetting was in the carb when you had it apart? Many don't rejet after putting aftermarket pipe on, makes a big difference. I would recommend some new front tires before you do to much riding, those look to be the originals!

It is a 2001. The front tires are completely spanked. Definitely need to get those figured out soon. When I redid the carb I just went to factory specs first. Figured it would make a good starting place. It does run good right now but I'm not sure what jet to go to. It has the full fmf system and I just put a k&n air filter in it (didnt have a filter at all when i got it)