Fender Warning Label Bling Replacements

BlasterFun484

Mar 23, 2013
Collegeville, PA
Some of you may have seen these around before, I gave a ton out when I first put these into production last year.
This is a DIY to make your own Fender warning label plates.

Do you hate the ugly label? I do! Did you Drill yours out to think it would look better? I did! Then I was left with a naked looking plastic full of holes and mud would build up and ooze from the holes. I came across a 450 that had cnc cut labels and thought of how I could do that for under $50 that they cost for the 450. And it could look just as good with that extra bling factor.
I picked up a sheet of 1/16" aluminum mirror finish diamond plate. Now I have access to a metal sheer and drill press but if not that's ok. first on the back of the sheet metal of your choice mark your small and large plates, I wanted mine to fit at 3 3/4"x3 1/2" and 4 7/8"x 7 3/4" but you may feel you like different demensions in that range. Once cut you line up the plates with the original labels and mark your holes, than drill. After your holes are drilled, I rounded my corners and softened my edges with a bench grinder but a file works as well if that's all you have access to. Heres where you think your done but not just yet, this next part require some ART. because the Fender is at an awkward bend on an axis and the original plates were made from plastic in a mold to match that bend your plates WILL NOT sit right, they will stick up, cause serious injury and be bad (I knew this the first time and was rushing and left it so I could go ride, flipped the quad and got a face full of corner of the plate which ripped off using my face) you could just put it on but this may help you get that flush fit. What I do is hold the new plate where it goes, get an eye for what curve it calls for, then on the back grab bar and also using my grips on the handle bars and bend it by hand till I get the right curve, remember its only 1/16" aluminum so it doesn't take much, ones it fits perfectly pop rivet it on to the fender and you now have a Hand Made Bling Factor to appreciate and trust me its that little bit of effort that give you something small to be proud about.
imag0287 (2).jpg
imag0392.jpg
imag0393.jpg
imag0398.jpg

sorry for the dirty pics all I had that was resized at the moment, but if you can tell by the pics the black fenders are the ones that were not bent to fit, the blue were the blue have nice flush fitment, I have one customer that cuts out the plastic but leave enough for the rivets to catch than when you bolt them on from the front view you see the underside of the aluminum showing threw, its pretty trick I drove an 1.5 hours away just to check it out. Also some other people that got them told me they used bolts with locking washers. Lots of ways to go about it, but thought if what I put up could give even just ONE person a helpful idea than I just payed back the feeling I got when I discovered this forum. Thanks