Extended Grab Bar??

Jul 13, 2011
Does anyone sell an extended grab bar. I would like something long enough to keep the bike from going to a 90 degree angle. I want to practice weelys with out the fear of flipping over. The bike is getting a +4 swing arm.

Im sure there are longer aftermarket ones out there, but best bet would to make your own. Remember tho never hit your grab bar when you wheelie it can and will crack your frame thats why the stock ones a so thin. I have had one break and there very common on blasters for it to break right before the grab bar mounts. With it being longer gives it more leverage. best bet is to practice with your feet on the grab bar and be able to stop with your feet.

What if I custom make it so it will break before it bends the frame. Also put a roller on it so you have less chance of it catching the surface and be careful where you practice.

Im sure it would help. Make it no stonger than stock and a roller would help. But still avoid hitting grab bar any time you can.

My buddy made a wheelie bar with a wheel so he could practice wheelies. He found the balance point of his quad and made it so the wheel was just beyond that. I kind of remember what it looked like but didn't get any pics. Anyway , it worked out really good.

Just got for it man, left foot on stock grab bar, right foot on brake. Get used to the balance point and using the brake and throttle to stay there, then practice sitting down. Then your good!

I'd say learn to keep your foot on the brake, and practice hitting the brake below the balance point before attempting to ride at the balance point much. That way once you get it up to the balance point, you will be comfortable with hitting the brake and won't panic if you start to go past the balance point. As for the grab bar, the stock bar will keep you from rolling over unless you are on a steep grade, which I doubt you will be riding wheelies on a hill anyway.
If you are planning on riding wheelies a lot, I'd recommend reinforcing the subframe just to be on the safe side.

if ure gonna get a +4 swinger nvm popping wheelies man. the purpose stretching prevents it FROM wheelies. if u gotta stock motor and stretch it that thing aint gonna go up much and u'll fry ur clutch in no time. i been thru like 4 bars already popping wheelies. Guy up there is right. left foot on the bar and right on rear brake. i usually start my wheelies on 2nd from a stop.

i dont know if u can buy one but you sure could make one soon as me and my dad get a free day were going to make me a custom grab bar

Get a 6 pack rack grab bar!! this is a pic with my 6 pack rack grab bar and a +4 1/2 swing arm..

100_1879.jpg

start out doing wheelies slow...sitting down...if you fall off the back, you fall off the back. its happened to me MANY times. don't be scared!

REAR BRAKE!!!! the only way it gonna flip backwards is if it breaks,bends, or u keep sitting on the quad while it is resting on the 12oclock bar (grab bar ).....learn to wheelie on a flat surface before u try the hills (trust me)........if your really worried about it, u could go get a extended bar made at a metal fabrication shop