Exhaust Gasket

Well I've seen in rebuild kits, they show an oval shaped gasket that slides down the studs. So going by that I was not sure if that's a necessary gasket. My bike was in pieces when I got it from a friend so I kinda gotta put this thing together by pics.

I found a kit with the gasket you are talking about...the one i found doesn't even include the round gasket. I know my gasket kit, which was from Moose, only had the round gasket. I think the eye shaped you are talking about is in cheaper kits or something, the one I found looks to be cheaply made.

I know you definately need the round gasket, because it fits into a groove on the exhaust port. I don't see how the other gasket would seal the exhaust to the motor.

Hope this helps.

you need the gasket that goes in the cylinder, and you need some high temp silicon. mine hasn't leaked yet.

you need the gasket that goes in the cylinder, and you need some high temp silicon. mine hasn't leaked yet.

the silicon is optional I think, a brand new gasket shouldnt leak with the force of the neck bolted on with the eye shaped mount.

only aftermarket exhausts recommend it

the eye style gasket is for sealing an aftermarket pipe's flange to the head, the round copper crush washer is for stock pipes and is definately needed

I have the F7 full exhaust. I guess I could'nt go wrong puttin' both on. I guess overkill is better than underkill. Would anybody happen to have either gasket, or both?

i have the f7 too, you dont need the oem crush washer, nuthin goes into the cylinder to push against it, i just used a thin coat of permatex hi-temp copper(auto or hardware store) on the backside of the flange and also some around the pipe where it pushes into the flange then the springs, 6 months and no leaks yet

Last edited:
Thanx awk, cheap and efficient. That's my kinda fix. By the way does your factory exhaust clamp hold the pipes together tight? Mine seem to slide apart pretty easy.

mine came with a piece of hose holding it, i added 2 hose clamps but plan on getting one from toomey's website or their's some nice anodized aluminum ones on ebay, but ya gotta measure the diameter of the pipe to order one, they dont list 'em for the blaster but said they could match one up