Engine Studs

mostdope97

Jun 8, 2020
Hey Enthusiasts, ran into another problem! One of the 6 studs is stripped I believe. I can turn it and almost pull it out. I noticed riding around. Been riding it for 8 months now knew about it but it held up until now. I don’t wanna risk anything. What’s the best way to go about this issue?

When you say turn it and pull it out. Do you mean out of the aluminum case? Or the cylinder? If so it probably got over tightend on the head or cylinder base
You maybe able to put in a helicoil if there is enough meat(aluminum) around the stud.
It has to be drilled to a bigger size which is listed in the helicoil set

I mean it’s holding the head. I need to helocoil it just not sure what size I need. Went to autozone and saw a bunch.

Attachments

• C1325C6D-B6F0-4486-8CBD-705E2D2B2910.jpeg
    C1325C6D-B6F0-4486-8CBD-705E2D2B2910.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 97
What end is stripped?
Is it the nut in your picture?
Or the threads in the aluminum cylinder.?
Threads are different on each end of the stud.for a helicoil ut will be the course thread. Have to pull the stud and measure it. Unless someone remembers the size?

Reactions: mostdope97
What end is stripped?
Is it the nut in your picture?
Or the threads in the aluminum cylinder.?
Threads are different on each end of the stud.for a helicoil ut will be the course thread. Have to pull the stud and measure it. Unless someone remembers the size?
It’s definitely the lower end of the casing or stud. I’ll have to take er apart. She’s just a sitting duck rn. Can’t wait to get a go pro tho this June so I can show y’all how I rip er.

Reactions: Slydog
When you say turn it and pull it out. Do you mean out of the aluminum case? Or the cylinder? If so it probably got over tightend on the head or cylinder base
You maybe able to put in a helicoil if there is enough meat(aluminum) around the stud.
It has to be drilled to a bigger size which is listed in the helicoil set
Could be over tightened, but I don’t think that’s the issue. I think the casing is stripped.

Definitely get some video:D.
I picked up a remali cam off amozon for $100. Good video. Got it on my mudder so you know it's water proof.
Go pro probably has more mounting options?