Engine Stalling

Shakenb8ke84

Apr 1, 2020
Can anyone help me out here. I have a 2003 Yamaha blaster it runs fantastic.... Until I hit water or mud. Then it boggs out or does when I hit the throttle. What am I getting wet that I shldnt be? Can I not run it through mud or water? I don't understand.

Can anyone help me out here. I have a 2003 Yamaha blaster it runs fantastic.... Until I hit water or mud. Then it boggs out or does when I hit the throttle. What am I getting wet that I shldnt be? Can I not run it through mud or water? I don't understand.
Also I would check stator cover gasket. Also check to make sure you are not getting water in the air box. Especially if the lid us off

Guys thanks for all your help I'm probably driving u nuts with my questions. I'm just trying to get my bike running right. What wld cause it too big down or hesitate when u hit the throttle. It sounds good in first and most of second but from then up it hesitates. Like it's gotta wind out some to get up and go.

Guys thanks for all your help I'm probably driving u nuts with my questions. I'm just trying to get my bike running right. What wld cause it too big down or hesitate when u hit the throttle. It sounds good in first and most of second but from then up it hesitates. Like it's gotta wind out some to get up and go.
Air filter clean? Carb spotless inside? Float height set correctly?needle in middle position on slide?check the reeds also

Air filter clean? Carb spotless inside? Float height set correctly?needle in middle position on slide?check the reeds also
I got my needle set on the bottom notch. I have v-force reeds and aftermarket DG exhaust. My air filter is clean. But I don't have a cover for my air box. Do u think I shld move my needle up a notch or two?

I got my needle set on the bottom notch. I have v-force reeds and aftermarket DG exhaust. My air filter is clean. But I don't have a cover for my air box. Do u think I shld move my needle up a notch or two?
If you have the stock carb . put the needle in the middle position. That is where it needs to be on most blasters. Then try it you should notice a difference. The bottom notch is the richest setting.